cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy roam not working in Hong Kong

New Commentator

Happy roam not working in Hong Kong

Hello.

i have purchased a prepaid card. Loaded with money inside so that’s not an issue.

i went to the USA, connected to T-mobile, not working too well but still can connect and use the roaming data there at times. 

Now im in Hong Kong, connected to “3” network, my phone also displays the “4g” sign at the top, signals are between 3 to 5 bars so far so good. But my phone just cannot receive any data. WhatsApp, Facebook, internet, nothing can connect to the data even “4G” or “3G” are displayed. 

I have activated the roam tab in both happy roam app and in my iPhone setting, profile is installed, unnecessary profiles are deleted. I switched on and off many times the phone, I switch back and forth all the data tab, roaming tab, airplane mode tab every tab and everything that I can do. Trust me I really did everything that I can on my end. So please help me on ur end.

Please send me a pm and I’ll send u my phone number and ic number. Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
New Commentator

Re: Happy roam not working in Hong Kong

Re: Roaming not working in Hongkong

I do experience the same problem. No roaming service in HKG. Verified settings, like APN, roaming enabled, dataplan active, correct provider (3) automatic and manually, etc.

No chance to connect. Even topped up my account, still no roaming. Sometimes I get a message to activate my plan. I did it with with APP and USSD code and its says my dataplan is active, but still not working!!!  It's frustrating

With the same phone and setup roaming worked in Thailand a few days ago.

Community Manager

Hi freakyvince, sorry to hear about this! Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, account details, email address and mobile number via Private Message and I will check and assist you on this. - Josephine

New Commentator

Have activated a happy roam pack but it's not working in Hong Kong have done all the troubleshooting but won't help

Do we need to manually select some local network to make it work

Any advise on solving this ?

Community Manager

Hi, please PM us your mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!