Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Roam data not working in HK 3 network

Honored Commentator

Re: Happy Roam data not working in HK 3 network

No Starhub official response?

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ eric3743, thanks for the suggestion to add a minimum roaming balance reminder to the Happy Prepaid App. We'll forward it to our team for their consideration.

Hi @ cpuer, thanks for reaching out to us. As connection issues can be caused by several reasons including (and not limited to) low balance, we requested your details to try determining the actual cause. Separately, the minimum wallet balance requirement of $8 can be found at our website at http://bit.ly/2iiN2zl, 

We'll also forward your suggestion to include this minimum balance at the Happy Roam website to our team as well. 

- Amy
Honored Commentator

Hi Amy

Thanks or your response. I am looking forward to the amendment on your media concerning steps of setting up Happyroam. Rather than just a reminder, the $8 rule should be made compulsary right at the data plan ordering time via either 123*300# or via HappyPrepaid App. An automatic sms reminder should be sent everytime the wallet value drops below $8 while roaming. Currently none of these are implemented and left users frustrated and not knowing what's going on while overseas.

As for sending my SIM information on what I experienced in HK, I have already sent that via PM on the days I first made the report. You can easily find it, I am sure.

Happyroam is currently, IMO, the best Prepaid Data Roaming service from among the 3 local telcos, I hope Starhub can continue to improve on it and stay ahead of the game. Like to see more countries are being added in the happyroam country list, example Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar etc? 

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ cpuer,

Thanks for your feedback and your suggestions. We do acknowledge that it can be frustrating to go overseas only to encounter a low balance disruption to roaming prepaid services.

We will certainly forward your suggestions regarding the update of the FAQ, Happy Prepaid App, the inclusion of roaming notifications for low balance and the countries you've shared to the relevant team for their consideration.

- Amy
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hi Amy

Perhaps you can help advise on the following scenarios :
1) I started with $13 in my main wallet. I just activated a 3 day data plan for $5 & travelled overseas. However, my overseas trip is extended. On the 4th day overseas, can I activate another $5 data plan (when main wallet has $8 balance)?
2) I started with $10 in my 
main wallet. I just activated a 3 day data plan for $5 & travelled overseas. However, my overseas trip is extended. On the 4th day overseas, can I activate another $5 data plan when Main Wallet balance is $5?
3) I 
now have $7 in my main wallet. Can I activate a $5 data plan before I go overseas ?
4) I started with $17 in my main wallet. I just activated a 
30-day 1.2GB data plan for $10 & travelled overseas. While overseas, can I activate another $5 data plan (when Main Wallet balance is $7)?

Suggest to include these scenarios in the HappyRoam FAQ.