StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Data Roaming stay active across different countries?

SOLVED
Valued Commentator

Does Data Roaming stay active across different countries?

Hi,

if i activate the 7 days 1gb data say in Malaysia and then fly to Japan in day 3, will the remaining data still be useable or do I need to purchase a new data plan?

Also, I would to share my experience in roaming with Happy SIM in Philippines back in June. I activated the data plan at Manila Airport via the Happy App on Android. However, the APN setting as per your instructions to set "shppd" didn't work. I then decided to check on Smart's website for their APN setting and it worked after using the Smart APN details. I'm not sure if other travelers experienced similar incidents...

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Does Data Roaming stay active across different countries?

Hi @ KenZen

Yes, under Happy Roam, you can use the left over data from the data plan you've activated for Malaysia in Japan as long as it's within the plan's validity period.

With regard to your setting feedback, do keep us updated during your next trip if you see a similar issue. We'll be glad to check at that time. 

- Amy
3 REPLIES
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @ KenZen

Yes, under Happy Roam, you can use the left over data from the data plan you've activated for Malaysia in Japan as long as it's within the plan's validity period.

With regard to your setting feedback, do keep us updated during your next trip if you see a similar issue. We'll be glad to check at that time. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am happy to report that it worked from Malaysia to Japan and the activation provided was the full 24 hours or 72 hours from time of purchase, depending on the data package selected. After using it on my Samsung J7 Pro in SIM slot #2 for a couple of days, I slipped it into my Huawei MiFi and happily, it worked too! 

~Ken

Community Manager

That's great! Let us know if there's anything we else we can do to help. Have a great evening. Smiley Happy

- Sal