StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't turn off data roaming, charges $22 within a minute

Senior Commentator

Didn't turn off data roaming, charges $22 within a minute

Forgot to turn off data roaming before entering Malaysia. Receive SMS alerting charges before knowing and also did not use any mobile data.

Please advise. 

4 REPLIES
Senior Commentator

Re: Didn't turn off data roaming, charges $22 within a minute

So no moderator is able to help with my case?
Community Manager

Hi Edward, we'll advise customers to disable dataroam at all times when travelling out of Singapore to avoid incurring unnecessary charges as smartphones today, do require data most of the times for background apps to work. 
You may consider purchase of DataTravel plans http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/value-added-services/roaming/postpaid-roa... to surf overseas with a peace of mind for as low as $5.

Senior Commentator

I am enquirng if it is possible to waive off. I did ended up purchasing the data travel plans, but I felt robbed for charging this amount of money. Imagine if I did not set notification charges? 

Community Manager

Hi Edward

Do take note to disable dataroam via your mobile phone option before travelling the next time round. You may also wish to purchase DataTravel before leaving Singapore as well. 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused, and regret to inform you that we are unable to waive off the charges. 

For further clarification, you may wish to call 1637. Thank you.

- Jackson