I am in Hong Kong/China with a prepaid roaming SIM. I cannot make outgoing calls because I need to deactivate a call barring service. How do I do this?
Hi Rsdanam, please pm us with your full name and prepaid mobile number to check via https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq
This is the reply to your email as I cannot send it directly to you. I have tried several ways, but all failed. Please see below:
1. Switch off/on the phone
2. Use a different iphone with the SIM
3. Calling back Singapore using *116* (Got a SMS saying the call divert is enabled. In fact it is disabled)
4. Call using +country code-phone number (when called, the operator saying the phone is barred for making calls)
However, I can receive calls and SMS, and send SMS, just CANNOT make outgoing calls!
To PM us, you can do so by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message <.
Kindly try the following,
#330*Password# Send / Call
Default password is 1234.
Do let us know via PM if that helps. Thank you.
I have tried that. It didn't help. Outgoing calls are still barred.
I also tried the followings as instructed.
1. Ensure that the phone carrier setting is StarHub 27.2 or above.
Go to Settings > General > About > Carrier > StarHub: 27.2
2. Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network > APN: shppd
For (1), the starhub version is 35.0
For (2), please see the attached screenshot.
This didn't help either. Outgoing call is still unsuccessful. The receiving call, sms and sensing sms are fine.
I have refreshed the network. Please restart handset and try again. Let us know how it goes. -Debbie
Just switched off and on the iphone. Tried to call both China and Singapore numbers. It's not working.
Hi Mike, able to let us have the dial sequence of the number which you're trying to call? Do also provide us a screenshot of the message showing that the outgoing calls are barred. - Simon