cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming not working in Seoul

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Data roaming not working in Seoul

Hi, I've arrived in Seoul and happy data roaming is not working. The roaming is activated in the app and on my phone. I've switched the APN to SH Data Prepaid. None of the two networks (KT, SKT) are working for data. I've already tried restarting phone, changing SIM and everything I could think of to trigger the activation.

I believe the issue is on SH servers now. Is there something I can do, something you can do?

3 REPLIES 3
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Data roaming not working in Seoul

Hi mattpiz, 

Can I verify if you have purchased any roaming packages? Do provide me with your details (Registered Name and prepaid number) via PM. - Han

Click here ---> PM Me Here

Valued Commentator

Yes I had roaming data. I've no idea why, but after waiting 3/4 hours after all my attempts, it started working automagically. I'm glad it works now but if it is normal to wait multiple hours before activation this should be mentionned somewhere I think.

Thanks for reaching out anyway. I'll pm my number in case you whish to investigate what happened.

Alumni (Retired)

It may be due to weak connections from the roaming partner. Rest assured we'll share this feedback with the roaming partner as well. Safe travels in the meantime. 

- Amy