GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Travel Global

Valued Advisor

Re: Data Travel Global

You may want to consider to file your concern with CASE before going for small claim tribunal to settle your case.

By the way, it is always a good idea to go for local prepaid SIM cards at your travel destinations (if you are travelling within EU-zone, most of the mobile operators in EU are required to offer pan-EU roaming at the same rates of local prepaid services)  or to rent a pocket wifi before you travel. 

Either one of these options is perfectly fine and more importantly these are true no roaming bill shock solutions to serve your need to access the internet when you are overseas.

Just my two cents.

New Commentator

Hi Pantich

May i know how is your issue now?

I am having the same situation here, my wife and I purchased Data travel Asia pacific via mobile app which did not mention about the country exclusion in the service. We were charged for SGD$2k+.The staff from billing dept insist that starhub don't have any responsibility for such incident and only willing to waive off 20% of the total charge.

Starhub is selling this product but never inform customers about the risk properly.

The way they try to push their responsibility to customer is really unacceptable.Disappointed

Valued Contributor

Hi, nothing is changed, these scammers did not provide me any solution/feedback for a past month. I am just getting alerts that service will be stopped if outstanding amount is not paid.

Yeah, risk, excluded countries and rates for excluded countries are not informed properly. 100$ data cap is not activated by default and I did not manage to activate it till now because of always "error, please, try later"

Alumni (Retired)

Hi JS002

That's certainly cause for concern.

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll arrange for assistance.

- Amy
Alumni (Retired)

Hi Pantich

Have you tried dialing *100# and press 3 to activate the DataRoam Cap service?

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message if you've any billing queries and I'll arrange for assistance.

- Amy
Valued Contributor

I guess your case was not solved and you just paid this amount?