cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Travel Global

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Data Travel Global

I am very disappointed with data travel global plan that I subscribed as I was charged for $1.3K data roaming , which gave me a big shock.

My data travel got de-activated when I travelled in Europe this month and received a SMS informing me that "Alert! We could not reach you earlier regarding high data roaming usage for mobile no. xxxx & data service has been de-activated..." (note: I never receive a call from starhub). When I was back to Singapore, I made a call to CS and was informed by the officer that I have high usage of data roaming in Iceland and Iceland is not part of the data travel global plan. 

When I subscribed data travel global plan via StarHub App, there is no exclusion country list prompted upon subscribing. Don't named as GLOBAL plan when there are a list of countries not covered and confused consumer. And why are we allowed to use data roaming in those countries not covered under data travel plan?? Data roaming should be prohibited when the country not covered under data travel global plan. THIS IS SO MISLEADING!!

My 2nd question is why there is no $100 cap for roaming? Why only de-activated only after charged for $1.3K?? THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!!! 

Hence i am seeking your waiver for the data roaming charged!!

15 REPLIES 15
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Data Travel Global

Hi karen_tpy, I can highlight this to our billing team for you though I'll need your details to do so.

Can you PM me and pass me your full name, NRIC/FIN, email, mobile and StarHub account number?

- Sal
Valued Commentator

Hi Salehuddin,

PM you the details. 

Will definitely need your help on this. 

Respected Commentator

Hi there!

I have recently went to Europe and i have encountered the same issue of incurring roughly $1.3k worth of data charges because no one informed me about the exclusion of various countries when i bought the datatravel global plan. The cap of $100 was not mentioned to me too, which gave me a huge shock when i knew i incurred such a large sum of data charges. 

May i know how was your issue resolved?

Thanks!

Everyone's Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

The same situation. Phone support just tells you should go to website and check countries and rates for excluded countries or turned off roaming in the phone if you are not sure. Why then it is called "Global"? And pay the full amount, in my case 2.3K!!! And they do not block data before bill hits few thousands. Why you do not block at the amount of say 100$? We buy GlobalData for 50$ for 3Gb, of course, nobody will use intentionally 30mb for 1000$ unless he confirms somehow by sms or phone his willing to do this, even in this case there should be setup for limitations.

Anyone know what the decision made in the court in our cases? It is abuse of right.

Respected Commentator

Exactly my point. 

May i know how did your case got solved?

Valued Contributor

It is not solved yet, they are reviewing the case but according to posts for last years which I found, I do not hope they waive these scamming charges in full. So I am thinking what to do next. I wonder why people from previous similar cases gave up and paid few Ks for nothing.

I plan to pay the amount for services for which I agreed intentionally and limit charges for accidental roaming of 100$ as this option should be activated by default when user activate "Pay as you roam", I am even not telling that they force to activate "Pay as you roam" for DataTravel even if you do not need it and need just bundle as Data Global or Asia Pacific.

For the rest of sum I am ready to decide it in court. And would be much better if all such cases will be combined in one.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi michh

May I know which country did you travelled to ?

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Pantich,

I do feel the pain to pay such a huge amount after a good trip. Can I check which country were you at?

Valued Contributor

Italy, Russia and Moldova