cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roam in Tokyo - working initially and changed to 2G/3G with no data

Community Manager

Re: Data Roam in Tokyo - working initially and changed to 2G/3G with no data

Hi darrelrtan,

I am glad that it's working for you. Should you experience any issues, do feel free to reply to the emails for further assistance. Smiley Happy 

- Jackson
Community Manager

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Meanwhile, I've responded to your PM. Thank you.

Community Manager

Hi damienp,

I saw your PM and will attend to you there shortly. Thank you.

- Jackson
Valued Commentator

Just to share also, I'm in Hiroshima now, and the connection has been non-existant today. It connects to the 3G network in between minutes, and when it does, I get to use it for seconds before it disconnects. Needless to say, this wasn't helpful at all.

I've set the APN to shppd, switched around 3 phones, and restarted the said phones umpteen times. None of this solved the issue. I'm disabling 4G on my phone to see if this solves the problem, but it has been a really frustrating day as I been looking around for free wifi just to get my bearings.

I'm trying to see if disabling 4G on my phone makes the connection more stable. Trying to PM tech support for help now.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi bensimus

I see your PM so let's chat there.

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

I have replied to the emails. This was the reply, which merely told me to wait. To clarify with everyone here, it seems like the community managers are trying to make it seem like I am not cooperating with them by not replying. For transparency, I would like to say that when Lyn and the other managers posted that they have PMed me, they were telling me that Customer support had already responded to my request, and nothing else. I agree that greater transparency in service is needed.

Also, JacksonTZG, it is NOT working for me, 2G/3G is a temporary solace when I am paying for 4G as stated in Starhub's data plan. We are still waiting for a solution.

Customer support's reply:
Dear Mr Darrel

Thank you for your email.

We are currently checking on your concerns with our network team.

Please be assured that we will follow up with you once an update is available.

In the meantime, we appreciate your kind patience.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Jaishen Jayasegaran
Customer Affairs

Esteemed Commentator

To me, it seems like (at least) the Starhub community managers and customer support staff don't really know whats happening either. Thats why we aren't getting a definite reply on how to fix it, and why I feel they're giving us dodgy answers.

Nonetheless, I think they're trying their best and replying very promptly. Kudos. but i hope there's a fix to this issue or whats the point of buying this prepaid card and then the data package ... 

Is anyone going to a physical shop when you're back in Singapore?

Valued Contributor

To be fair, the fact that they are recycling answers in their PM that do
not work mean that they aren't trying hard enough.
Replying is not the same as solving problems.
Their job is to do both. The former without the latter amounts to nothing.
Starhub is better than this
Community Manager

Our customer service officer is currently checking with our network team on this issue, and will contact you once there's update. Thank you.

Respected Commentator

Can someone help as well? I cannot connect to 4G in Japan. This happened only recently when I was in Sendai last week and now I am in Hakodate, still the same thing. Should be more than 5 days?

Tried all the methods of

- restarting phones,

- changing the APN setting (shppd)

- installing the profile from the app

- ensuring there is credit ($38 available credit)

I do not think is the phone issue because it was working fine until last week. I did not change any settings when it was working till now having the 4G issue. The only way to use it is to disable the 4G and connect to the slower 3G. Please advise and help. If there is any possible way to escalate, please do so, because it really brings inconvenience when such things happen.