GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto roaming got terminated

Esteemed Commentator

Auto roaming got terminated

I have always been using Starhub prepaid for my overseas roaming.

Yesterday my prepaid had only $2 and hence i topped up $10 which means i had a total of $12. This morning i used $8 for 1gb 7 days data plan. I activated it before i fly off from Singapore and was on flight mode all the way until i reached vietnam.

However when i reached, i received a message telling me that auto roaming is unavailable as my account is less than $3????

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Re: Auto roaming got terminated

Hi chingyan, please PM us your registered customer name, registered mobile number, Hub ID / email address. >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

Esteemed Commentator

[Moderator Notes: removed to safeguard your privacy]

Community Manager

Hi chingyan

Do try reinstalling the Prepaid APN using the Happy Prepaid App, switching to another roaming operator manually or placing your SIM Card in another handset to see if this helps resolve this issue as well. Your Prepaid balance should also be above the minimum balance of $3 required for roaming services to remain active.

If this doesn’t help, let me know your registered name and Prepaid number for verification by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < and I'll arrange for follow up.

- Amy
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Amy,

When was this minimum value $3 in order to use auto roaming terms
implemented?

I have already purchased the auto roaming for days and it makes no sense
that i cant use it just because the main value is less than $3?
Community Manager

We wish to explain that previously a minimum of $8 prepaid wallet balance is required for prepaid roaming service. It was subsequently changed to $3. Hope this clarifies.

Esteemed Commentator

Mine was left $4, it depleted on its own until $2.50????

I was on flight mode all the way until i reach Vietnam and the moment i on
my phone its left $2.50!

Same for my bf number. He should left with $10 and its now also depleted to
$2?

This is not the first time but i did not want to mention it as i could
still leverage on the data roaming but this time i couldnt even use the
data roaming which i have bought!

This is seriously ridiculous.
Community Manager

Hi, we have checked and the main wallet was depleted due to connecting to the non preferred happy roam destination at Vietnam on 8/2/2019. Thus the main wallet was depleted. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Esteemed Commentator

What you mean by non preferred? Means the data roaming package cant be used
at Vietnam? It wasnt indicated when i purchased the package?

Also, the moment i reached vietnam and turn off flight mode i already
received the message that my balance is left than $3 when I havent even use
it??
Community Manager

Hi Chingyan, as Vietnam is not part of the happy roam preferred destination. The main wallet will be depleted and not the data pack. You may also visit our website at http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/prepaid-cards/happy-roam.html for the information on the preferred happy roam destinations. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!