StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acciddental roaming

Honored Contributor

Acciddental roaming

I have postpaid account and signed up for global data travel.  When I drove over from Montenegro (covered) to Bosnia (not covered). I got a warning SMS which is fair and I immediately switched off data.  It seams that PPR kicked in automatically and I got charged $10.  

I only want to spend what Inpaid for Data Travel and nothing more.  Can’t I do that?  I think if I disable PPR, DT doesn’t work.

Can I get a refund for the momentary accidental roam?

4 REPLIES 4
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Acciddental roaming

Hi cswee

I'm afraid that we won't be able to waive off the charges. 

Honored Contributor

Is there a way then to disable data roaming completely and yet use Data Travel plan?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Can I get an answer to this question please?  I do not want to activate any roaming other than DT.

Honored Contributor

36m ago
Hi cswee   If you deactivate your data completely, it won't even let you access data roaming with the plan you've activated for your Data Travel. You would need a roaming service activated and your data turned on to access the Data Travel plan.
——————
This is very bad.  You do not provide enough protection for your users to prevent accidental roaming and in fact seem to profit from unsuspecting users and those not aware of this possibility of being charged as the roaming rolls over from DT to Pay per roam.  
I only want to use what I paid for DT and nothing else.  The service switched over whilst I was in a covered area as the signal for the uncovered country was stronger and the charge was unreasonable.  It should be waived.