Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub Reward points program too restrictive and not attractive

SOLVED
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Starhub Reward points program too restrictive and not attractive

I find that the Starhub Reward points program too restrictive and not attractive. Anybody else feels the same?

-Points only can be used in specific accounts
-Only can transfer points to other accounts once in a certain period
-Items / vouchers / services can only be redeemed up to a preset quantity. I can understand if that is for items and external vendors vouchers, as those have limited supply. But for starhub services, E.g monthly subscription, value added service... , there shouldn't be a limit.
-Points cannot be combined with points of family member, even though we are from same household.
-Others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Veteran
Solution

Re: Starhub Reward points program too restrictive and not attractive

My understanding, points expiry has nothing to do with contract expiry..

Why don't you just plan to utilize the point before the expiry date?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Yes, I totally agree with you .

They have changed the rules to make it more difficult for us to redeem.

I am using all three services (Mobile, Internet, TV) from StarHub and I have rewards points in three accounts.

Previously, until last year, I can transfer points from one account to another as and when I like and I can redeem rewards. I have two mobile lines too.

Then, Suddenly , this year, I can only transfer my points across my accounts once in 12 months and I end up I can't claim any reward from them. They didn't email me or they didn't sms me about changing this rule. I only come to know that after I transfer points from my mobile to Internet account and then I want to transfer TV account to internet account.

Once in 12 months is totally unacceptable as I can transfer only once in a year. After all, all these reward points are legimated points to me as I am getting them by using theire services and they should allow me to transfer and use it to redeem.

So, by doing so, all my points end up spreading across my account and I am not able to redeem any monthly payment for any services.
It's like a way of saying that Starhub doesn't want us to redeem any rewards..

Then, I try to redeem something which can be redeemed using my balance in each account.

The worst case is that , they put all good items or offer as fully redeemed and they never top up. I have been checking this for the past 4 months, from Sep 2013, and all good offer are still fully redeemed.

I feel like I am cheated by the Big Company. If they don't want us to redeem, just scrap rewards system.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi Koola and bestman

The points transfer limitation is to prevent abuse as transferred points have an extended expiry of 2 months. Kindly also note that the rewards vouchers and subscription plan redemptions will be made available on a "While Stocks Last" basis, and re-stock is done on the 1st and 15th of the month (Note: If the 1st and 15th of the month falls on weekend or Public Holiday, voucher top up will be done on the previous working day). Thus, the next re-stock will be on 13 December 2013 after 5pm.

Should you require further assistance on redemption, feel free to drop me a Private Message with your NRIC/FIN and I will assist you accordingly.
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Hi Darrell,

Thanks for your reply about reward point.

I understand some people may abuse as you have mentioned.
But there is no justificaton to reduce from unlimited to just one time transfer within one year.
At least something like , 3 to 5 times in a year or one time every 3 months, for my case, I have three accounts (Mobile, Internet, TV), so at least I should get 3 times so that I can transfer all my points to one account and redeem.

I believe one time transfer within 12 months will affect a lot of people especially who has more than one account (using more than one service from starhub).

If starhub is concerned about abusing point expiry, then don't extend the expriy date when they transfer the point.

I really appreciate your info about re-stock schedule. I will try again on 13 December 2013 after 5pm.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi bestman

The points transfer is actually once every 12 months per billing account under the same name and NRIC/FIN. If you hold multiple accounts, you can do the transfer of points from other service accounts to a single account.

Alternatively, we would advise you to consolidate all services (if under same service and billing address) under a single account so that you will not need to transfer.

Highlighted
Honored Commentator

Hi Darrell

I have two a/c under my name.

!st A/c - Cable TV/BBand

2nd A/c - mobile.

Also another a/c (mobile) under the same address but under my daughter-in-law name.

Can u please help to merge all the reward point into a single a/c.

I don't know how to transfer point from one a/c to the another. The new reward point program is suck.

Very difficult to maneuver. Can't see the point for each a/c also.

Why make it so difficult. Might as well totally do away with this reward thingy.

Lost faith in Starhub....

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi hphphp

Under the new rewards system, the rewards points will be under the NRIC instead of the individual accounts. As such, you will not be required to merge points across your accounts.
Highlighted
New Commentator

Hi my account says I have points expiring end of year 2014. I have 1)max online 2) mobile 3) digital line.. My contract expires next year 2015mar.

Please advice on the steps to take to extend
Till next year...thanks.
Please PM paulkmtan@yahoo.com.sg thanks
Highlighted
Veteran
Solution

My understanding, points expiry has nothing to do with contract expiry..

Why don't you just plan to utilize the point before the expiry date?

View solution in original post