cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading, nonchalant and a waste of time

Highlighted
Community Sheriff

Misleading, nonchalant and a waste of time

Been a long time since I stepped into a Starhub run shop. So with Dlink Modem redemption voucher in hand, decided to go to one today, remembering that not all shops do redemptions, checked online for shops here http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/locate-us/starhub-shops.html So, some shops do redemptions, some shops don't, as stated in the parenthesis under the shops' addresses like the following 1 (This outlet does not process customer service related matters.) 2 (This outlet does not process StarHub Rewards redemption & any billing related matters.) 3 (From 1 November 2015 onwards, all billing related matters will not be available at this outlet.) Quite clearly stated, or so I thought. Went to IMM branch, late afternoon, was told that I could not do redemptions there after showing the lady my e-voucher as its only done at the Plaza Singapura branch. Asked to see the supervisor or manager, was angry but still polite. Asked to wait at counter 12, lady by the name of Cecilia came after a while, showed her the shop locations on the web and all she could say was that she couldn't help me, when I mentioned that the site was misleading, she told me that she still could not do anything about it about it but would convey 'feedback'. I really admire her nonchalant attitude and lack of interest, no, didn't even ask to see voucher or ask my name, it was like a whole series of 'nos and I can't help'. This was even after I told her that I had seriously to time to go to Plaza Singapura due to work commitments and that the location web page was misleading as it stated only point 1 and not point 2. Her answer was that point 1 included point 2. So, dear Starhub, I really do apologize for my ignorance as a consumer in deciphering what your shops do and do not do, do also please apologize to Cecilia for my wasting of her precious time. That is my perception anyway with the attitude given. Between this mediocre attitude plus sub-par performance in actual telco services, I am really considering my options. I have always been tolerant of Starhub's sub-par phone and data services because I felt that their service in general was okay and I was always offered a solution, whether good or bad solution, I appreciated the effort put in. Starhub must really be getting complacent.
Please do not send me enquiries via PM, I may not read them in time to help address your issues
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Re: Misleading, nonchalant and a waste of time

I do understand your shock, and the answer you received.

This mean that the lady is getting use to customers as in similar case to you.

This website indication is wrongly written and meaningless, may not be up-to-date.

For example:

"This outlet does not process customer service related matters"

The simple meaning is  "This outlet only for Sales matters"  as it is very straight forward.

Most Company will not use the word  "Customer Service", instead should be  "AfterSales Dept"

"Customer Service" is not quite right, as  "Service Dept" is more accurate.

The front line staff that deal with customers are term as "Service Consultant"

"Customer Service"  handle customers feedback and prepare the rating of service staff that attend to customers. They handle both Sales & Service complain issues.

For Sales, the staff is call "Sales Consultant" and the branch should change to "Sales Dept", as this is related to the Sales Consultant, meaningful.

IMM shop is too small as it is very busy for sales only, long queue.

It take me more than 1 hour wait for sales, and for service, as the recept staff keep saying i am in the priority queue wait for >1 hr ! (forget what issue); separately.

Highlighted
Community Sheriff

Hi Eric, I think its not the shock but rather the disappointment and frustration of having to keep hearing 'no' as well as the absolute lack of ownership of the issue. I can understand mistakes, they do happen, Starhub used to have pretty decent customer service, and despite the fact that their mobile and data services being pretty mediocre, that's the reason why I've stuck with them, that and price point plus the hassle of shifting all my comms, BB and Tv services to another telco. I have never had issues dealing with Starhub shops in the past and thats the reason why in my other posts, I have always recommended people to go to Starhub run shops rather than dealers, maybe I've been wrong about this.
If you are running a huge company, stuff like website and information must be accurate and up to date. This is a basic reflection of your company and culture.
Please do not send me enquiries via PM, I may not read them in time to help address your issues
Highlighted
Grand Guru

I do agree with you that in the past Starhub did a great job on Customer Service.

That is to say, i have no problem on any services.

Like you, i did recomment to my brother (when Starhub begin) on Starhub Service, and he is still using all Starhub services, such as TV and Broadband.

And up to now, i would say that he have no problems.

And as like you, i recommend that it is better to do it at the Branch, and not to retailer.

It was when i did had a problem on using retailer, and felt cheated on the pricing.

I did make a complain (when Starhub begin), and to my surprise, it was the Chief's secretary replied to me.

Even i want to just purchase mobile handset only, i always get it at the Telcos.

It is the website that i feel it is not much reliable.

Firstly, if i wanted to check on something, it was not that easy, although their Search engine does not help.

Website is the most important in today world.

Website should give accurate info (do not mean 100%) so as not to waste time in;

calling HOTline, same as you having found out that particular shop do or do not handle such services, etc.

Finally, most the the questions by some people that post in this Community, can be found in the website.

As most of the answers i provide, i do search in the website, but it take time to do it.

In fact, do Search using Google is much faster and quite accurate.

What make me to say that website may not be accurate.

When i purchase a prepaid SIM card, the cashier gave me a paper info, which she mean it is up-to-date.

When checking on the website in regard to prepaid info, it was different from the paper info that the cashier had given me. (2015)

Highlighted
Community Sheriff

Having all sorts of a** luck with this, went to Plaza Singapura, nice people there so the woman at IMM was more an aberration than the norm...got my setup up and going, kissed my DPC 3925 goodbye and.......my digital line dons't work....haiz......just ranting.........