GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading Link in "Update Your Profile & Enjoy Instant Reward" Email

New Commentator

Misleading Link in "Update Your Profile & Enjoy Instant Reward" Email

Sometime in January, I received an email titled "Update Your Profile & Enjoy Instant Reward". After updating my profile I tried redeeming the 5 full song packs I was supposed to be awarded. During the process, the website did not gave any redeeming link but instead lead me to signing up link. I felt I was misled and immediately made a feedback in StarHub website customer support link mentioning immediate cancellation of the signing-up if I could not get the songs free as their email promised.

I received an email on 23 January from one Ms Joey Ng promising me to make the billing adjustment if I were charged in February bill. Surely enough, they charged me $5.35 in my February bill. So on 17/02/14, I made a reply to the previous email requesting to make a necessay bill adjustment as she have promised in her email. One Ms (or Mr) Amora replied the next day promising me again to make adjustments within 2 billing cycles.

Today, I received March bill and found that I was charged another $5.35 again instead of refunding. 

I immediate called up the StarHub billing hotline and registered this unpleasant and time-wasting transaction (both to myself and StarHub, as a company itself). The customer services ladies promised me (again) to escalate my case. I will wait & see whether they will actually escalate my case or continue sleeping at their desk. Because that was how I always get treated by StarHub since day 1 I beacme their customer.

Anyone encountered a similar scenario? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Re: Misleading Link in "Update Your Profile & Enjoy Instant Reward" Email

hi i feel for you.. instead of waiting..u shld just deduct that (5.35*2) from next bill and TELL them u not paying that and stand firm.. than they do smething quickly....

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Re: Misleading Link in "Update Your Profile & Enjoy Instant Reward" Email

Hi NNS,

You might want to PM @KaiBoon for assistance with regards to this issue. Smiley Happy