StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to roam using happy roam

Esteemed Commentator

unable to roam using happy roam

So I turned on roaming service in the app.

topped up and purchased a data plan which is active until 30 October.

left with $10.02 in the account, and $5 bonus amount.

reached malaysia, and I am unable to connect to any network.

When trying to select network manually, realised that ALL the local networks shows (Barred)

can I know why?

I have written an email when I was there on 14 October to happyprepaid@starhub.com, but until today, no one bothers to reply.

8 REPLIES 8
Esteemed Commentator

Re: unable to roam using happy roam

So I turned on roaming service in the app.

topped up and purchased a data plan which is active until 30 October.

left with $10.02 in the account, and $5 bonus amount.

reached malaysia, and I am unable to connect to any network.

When trying to select network manually, realised that ALL the local networks shows (Barred)

can I know why?

I have written an email when I was there on 14 October to happyprepaid@starhub.com, but until today, no one bothers to reply.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi hangyong, I can assist in getting this to our Customer Service team but I'll need your details. Can you PM me with your NRIC/FIN and prepaid number?

- Sal
Esteemed Commentator

Sure, will send you a PM, but can I know under what circumstances this will happen?

Esteemed Commentator

Hi all from Starhub... can you all coordinate properly and tell me what is happening?

I have 3 PM from different people.

One asked me for my information, I replied, no reply since.
Another asked me to reboot the phone and if I tested the SIM in another phone, I replied, and no reply since.
Now another one ask me to reboot and check if all is ok.
I need to know the results of your checking, I am not overseas anymore, but I will be soon, and I need you to check and confirm what happened, and solve it.
I will not be able to troubleshoot for you when I am not overseas.
And best part is, when I am overseas, no one bothers to help!
Esteemed Commentator

So since one of the Star Hub staff insisted that roaming service is active on my SIM and I have to put the SIM into slot one for it to work, I drove into Malaysia to get it done, to prepare for the long trip to China coming up soon.

lo-and-behold, all the networks are still denying me access.

I have already said that it does not matter if the SIM is in slot one or two. The issue is backend because the networks are denying me access.

So now, here is my answer to you, Starhub, your request for me to troubleshoot your way, is not working.

Now, please check in your backend to see what on earth is happening.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @hangyong, please be assured that we are aware of your case. Someone will be in touch. Thank you. 

Senior Commentator

Has this issue been resolved? I have been in Malaysia for the past 3 days with the same problem. I noticed that this service works only if i activate the roaming plan in Singapore. This means that i will forfeit the travel time especially for countries with long flights. 

Why can't Starhub simply allow users to select the date and time to activate the service while in Singapore if they cannot solve the problem of users not being able to connect to the network when they reach their foreign destination? 

This service is getting so unreliable frustrating that I'm planning to give up using it altogether. 

Community Manager

Hi S7arhubber

I see you've posted a thread about this and will reply you there.

- Amy