GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

main account balance missing

Senior Commentator

main account balance missing

Going from what I can see in the forum, the issue of disappearing main account balance appears with regularity. And it has been happening for years. See here for an example.

Well, it happened to me for the first time this week on Wednesday and I made a complaint about it. It is still not fixed as of now. And I am chronicling it here for the benefit of everyone who is or will be afflicted by this issue and is wondering what is going on.

First, on Monday 13 January 2020, my balance was $107.69.

Screenshot_20200117_175032_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

I then purchased a data plan yesterday when my free data from top-up was almost, but not quite finished. So, there is absolutely no reason why deductions should be made from my main account.

Screenshot_20200117_175047_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Then my balance quickly went to zero about 2 hours after that.

Screenshot_20200117_175123_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Starhub then added the indignity of turning off my mobile data. Even though I have a data plan active, without a positive account balance, my mobile data plan can't be used.

Screenshot_20200117_175134_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Calling customer service was useless as the customer service associate insisted that my account balance was drained from non-plan, non-free data usage despite the clear indication that I was using free local data prior to activating a data plan. 

Contacting Starhub through facebook messenger just got my issue 'expedited' without any resolution.

Screenshot_20200117_173902_com.facebook.orca.jpg

The issue is still outstanding 30 hours after since my first complaint. And I still do not have a data connection. Let's just say that with the weekend coming on, I'm not optimistic.

I encourage everyone to document their experience and complain to IMDA about this. Even if it's fixed for you one time, it could happen again, as it has to several other people. If the regulator threatens to pull Starhub's license or block them from signing on new prepaid customers, that will focus minds on this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: main account balance missing

Hi @klchoy, I am sorry that StarHub did not meet your service expectations. Like what you said, you have reached out to our Customer Care Support team which has explained the reason behind the missing main credit balance. In addition to that, please be reminded that background applications might be the cause of why your credit balance was deducted. Or in rare occurrences, this might be due to system glitch. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

No. Customer care has NOT explained why the balance has disappeared. Nor has my mobile connection been restored. I still cannot connect through mobile despite having made a fresh Topup and replacing my sim card with a new one at a starhub shop All customer care has done is to reply that my request has been forwarded to the 'appropriate team'.

And if this is a glitch, it is not a rare one. Otherwise, the forum will not be full of similar requests. The only thing new here is that my issue is still outstanding after 4 days which seems longer than normal. 

Highlighted

Hi @klchoy, again sorry for the missing main credit balance, I suggest that you reach out to our Customer Support Care team on Facebook or Twitter to check exactly what happened to your credit. Also, they will further help you with your concern as this requires us to check your account details. I apologise as I don't have access to your account.

~ Carla
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

FYI for forum readers, my issue outstanding since 16 Jan still has not been fixed and I still cannot connect to the Internet despite calling up customer care everyday. Not sure if this will be fixed by cny. Leaving this here as a record of Starhub's service "quality". 

Highlighted
Community Relationship Manager

Hi @klchoy, I understand that my colleague has contacted you and a refund has been made. Feel free to reach out again should you require further assistance. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

-Jolene