cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

happy prepaid APN setting

Trusted Commentator

happy prepaid APN setting

Hi,

Can I have the Happy prepaid APN setting.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: happy prepaid APN setting

Hi letgo123

APN can be set using Happy Prepaid App: Open app > Roaming Tab > APN Settings. Alternatively, you may set it manually by following the below instructions.

For iOS users:
Check that you have the Carrier setting StarHub 27.2 or above.
Go to Settings -> General -> About -> Carrier -> StarHub 27.2

If yes: 
Go to Settings -> Mobile Data Options -> Mobile Data Network -> Under Mobile Data, key in the following information
APN: shppd

If no: 
Access http://bit.do/shapn from the browser in your device and select 'Install Profile'. Select 'Install' to install the APN Profile.

For Android users:
Go to Settings-> Mobile networks-> Access Point Names-> Key in the following information

APN: shppd
Username & Password: <blank>

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi,

I tried the steps given. But whenever I try to set the APN on the prepaid app of Starhub, it always prompt me to install. Why is that so?

starhub 1.jpg

Highlighted
Grand Guru

@JaelynC wrote:

Hi,

I tried the steps given. But whenever I try to set the APN on the prepaid app of Starhub, it always prompt me to install. Why is that so?

Hi, have you update the Happy Prepaid App to the latest version 1.9.5

You can use the Menu (top right 3 bars) to APN Setting and once completed then leave it.

Do note that the Roaming Service is best set to Disable if you are not in oversea roaming.

i am not starhub staff.

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for taking the time to help. 

Yes, I have already updated the app already. Turned roaming on as I’m traveling to Msia later on.

Is there any other area that I have overlooked?

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi,

There is no need to Logout the Happy Prepaid App.

Just use the Back key twice to exit & close the Happy Prepaid App.

Anytime with either wifi or mobile data (cost involved) you can open Happy Prepaid App to manage your Prepaid account.

Note that if you Logout the Happy Prepaid App and next time you need to wait for PIN to login via SMS.

Do note that the new Data Plans on the free outgoing calls & SMS is for in Singapore use only.

Use the Happy Prepaid App to buy Data Plan > Prepaid Data Plan

Buy the necessary needs you require and activate before leaving as the count according to 24-hours cycle on per day depend on the plan.

Enjoy your holidays!

Regards.

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Thank you so much for the additional info!

Appreciate it a lot.

Cheers 😊