StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clarification on prepaid bonus credit

Honored Commentator

clarification on prepaid bonus credit

I felt really misleaded when I can't use the top-up bonus credits as I want to; such as buying a new data plan. People could have top up bigger amount because of this bonus and ended up disappointed later realizing they can't use it, especially for those using data only. I just could not understand why such information could not be provided up front.

So can any Starhub staffer please clarify precisely what those bonus credit CAN and CANNOT be use for; for the benefits of all Starhub prepaid users here? or at least provide the link to where these information are.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Valued Advisor

Re: clarification on prepaid bonus credit

as far as i know

It CAN use for Call & Sms(local and IDD), DATA(but can not buy data plan, charge at 7Cent per 10KB)

-one bad point, that bonus credit fly out very soon as data usage although i have Happy Star Plus plan. So everytime i have bonus credit i make IDD call first.

It CANNOT buy any Data or Voice and Data plan.

Alumni (Retired)

Hello @weimn

The top up bonus credit can be used for local/international calls, local/international SMS and pay per use data charges. Purchase of data plan can only be done through your main wallet balance.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Honored Commentator

thanks Kzo & Santos for your replies, appreciate it.....

hi Santos, couple more questions to bother you, can i know if the bonus credit can be used for roaming call overseas? And by the way, can you link me to the Starhub terms and conditions on the usage of the bonus credit, i spent more than 10 hours looking for it but couldn't find it (else I wouldn't be asking this), thanks in advance.....

Community Relationship Manager

Information on top up bonus can be found here.

Valued Commentator

Dear StarHub,

before my last topup on 09.12 my balance was on 0.02$. Then i topped up 20$, so my balance was 20.02$. Consecutively i added a data plan for 10$.

This would leave me with a balance of 10.02$. However, the app shows me, that i only have 8.88$ left. I did not call anybody or send any texts. All the time i also had my bonuscredit of 2,5$ that remained unchanged. Meanwhile, my main balance has dropped to 8,31$ without any apparent reason.

What is this money being spent on and how can i keep it from happening? Are you able to refund me the balance that i have lost for no obvious reason?

Best regards,
Lucas

Grand Guru

Hi  @LucasG

Have you unknowing turn on mobile data.

Mobile data without plan is very expensive as it count in kilobyte.

Are you using Happy Prepaid app on mobile data instead of wifi.

You can use short code to dial for checking & adding of status and plans.

Refer to the link, and do turn off your mobile data.

Manage you Happy Prepaid Account by Happy *123#

--------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Valued Commentator

As I explained, I used my credit to activate a data plan. I did this using the StarHub app and the free data that I received from the top-up.
Grand Guru

Hi  @LucasG

Do submit your request to forum staff to assist you.

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Registered subscriber name, NRIC/FIN number, Mobile number, and any other details;

PM @Jolene_L  or  Santosh Rai  to assist and look into your case on this matter

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

--------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Trusted Commentator

I’ve had this problem myself. Both my wife and I lose money for no reason on our prepaid. We started only leaving the minimum balance and only top up when we need to buy data.
Also I wanted to add that the physical top up card is misleading and not clear. Ther 18 dollar top up which labels 20 credit is actually 18 and 2 dollar bonus credit!! And we all know that the bonus credit doesn’t have much use overseas. I bought this card to top up a 20 dollar data plan but I was short.
I’m seriously need to check what the competitors offer.