cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfied Happy Roam Data Roaming Service

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Unsatisfied Happy Roam Data Roaming Service

We bought 2 Happy roam sim cards for our trip, ironically we were NOT happy with the purchase at all. 

The sim card works in Singapore and our transit in Japan. But NOT our final destination, United States of America.

Sim card 1 - could be used initially with extremely low loading speed, we bearly could use it to navigate our way around using google maps. After crossing the borders to Canada, it no longer work and we uncontactable as there was no reception. 

Sim card 2 - DID NOT WORK upon arrival in USA, there was simply no reception needless to say data connectivity. It did work on and off after, but died off shortly after. Perhaps only 3 days during the 3 weeks stay in USA with 2G speed.

We have tried all our means, setting up APN, restart phone, switch sim cards, replace sim card and all of these did not work. We had no problem in singapore and japan, which means the sim cards do work, they just didn't support USA. We were based in NYC and therefore should not have coverage issue. I urge starhub to review on the coverage and readiness of the data coverage in USA before selling them to consumers claiming that they would work, because they DONT.

Everyone's Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Unsatisfied Happy Roam Data Roaming Service

Hi @ nothappyroam,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Have you restarted your handset or tried placing your SIM Card in another handset to see if this helps solve the issue?

If it does not, send me your NRIC/FIN/Passport number and your Prepaid Number via Private Message and I'll be in touch.

- Amy
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy,

Yes, like I have mentioned in my earlier post, we did all the steps that you have suggested.

We will send you our details via private message.

Thanks.

Senior Commentator

No solution provided by starhub. only told to wait and 1 week had passed, really disappointed with the service.

Community Manager

Hi there, we've forwarded your PM to our support team and they'll be in touch. 

- Amy
Esteemed Commentator

Hi nothappyroam, so has starhub provided you with an answer?

Honored Contributor

Obviously this issue keeps happening to many customers, yet you guys (Starhub) are not fixing the issue, and keep ignoring these posts....  Please get this fix, and provide some clarity to all users.

Clearly, TMobile is only allowing 2G connections for Starhub roaming customers on Prepaid...

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Shafster, I've highlighted your PM to our Customer Service team, who'll be in touch.

- Sal