cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Roaming - Unhappy and Unglorious

Highlighted
Honored Commentator

UK Roaming - Unhappy and Unglorious

I started out on my UK trip by pre-activating my autoroam using Starhub Apps on the Friday before flying off on Saturday. I had bought a 2.4G for 30 days. Got an sms confirmation too.  When I arrived in London, I found that it was not working and limped around London thanks to free Wifi. After several exchanges of messages, I finally got activated by Starhub staff. I was told that I had not activated the autoroam - and I went "What the ...?" It is not my first time I am using this prepaid card for roaming. 

The roaming in UK went fine for the next few days. I probed further to find out the root cause of this first failure. While trying to find out more in order to have confidence to use it for future trips, I was asked in a private message (like a 5 year old - maybe the template to ask such questions should be reviewed, seriously) if I had read the instructions to activate autoroam. Of course, I have (if you only had taken the trouble to read my posts, messages, and my customer history)! 

Then, horrors of horrors, when I reached Heathrow airport. There I found that I was kicked out of the roaming network. I tried to restart but to no avail. I even retyped the APN instructions given and started to roam - Happy and Glorious again. Then, to my horror, I got an sms that my $6+ of credit was now left with only $0.02 when I transit at Dubai. Strange, why was my roaming data not used. It is still at 600+MB. The roaming failed me again in UK as I was about to depart. I had spent my credit instead of autoroam package. Not happy at all. 

So what happened, Starhub?

By the way, thanks for making an Esteemed Commentator. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Commentator

Re: UK Roaming - Unhappy and Unglorious

Hi Starhub,

Is anyone looking at my case?
Highlighted
Honored Commentator

Hi Starhub,

Could one of your Community Manager look into why I had my credit deducted despite having a valid roaming plan, and why I was unable to autoroam 4 days after you guys helped me? 

I need an answer in order to have continued confidence in using your prepaid card for future roaming.

Or, is it that roaming on prepaid card has now hit a roadblock? I have been reading lots of comments here and realised that many people who are overseas are without connection? Is it becoming a systematic problem? 

When can I expect a reply from Starhub?

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for waiting, ngiamtw. Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN/Passport number and your Prepaid Number via Private Message and I'll be in touch.

- Amy
Honored Commentator

When am I getting my refund?