cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Owner for Mobile Prepaid

SOLVED
Respected Commentator

Transfer Owner for Mobile Prepaid

My mobile was registered under my friends name with passport. My friend lost the passport and there's not a copy to be found. What can be done for this case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Transfer Owner for Mobile Prepaid

We will need either the replacement passport or the police report to process the transfer. Also both you and your friend has to be present at our StarHub Shop to transfer ownership of the mobile line. -Jolene 

7 REPLIES
Grand Master

Please do visit this link;  >  Transfer of Ownership

Scroll down to see:  >  Type of Service: Transfer of ownership – for Mobile subscribers

Also do scroll down to see the  "Important Note"  under the same title.

There is a fee on this Transfer of Ownership. (either $20 or $25 excl gst)

Do note that only selected Starhub shops that have Customer-service staff to handle this matter.

Plaza Singapura level 1 only/Tampines Mall/Nex/VivoCity.

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Respected Commentator

yes i already read that.

I am NOT the owner of the mobile number and the registered owner used passport to register. the said document has BEEN LOST with no COPIES that are made.

I want to ask in THIS case what can be done?

Community Manager

Hi k_yuuki, just to clarify, what do you need the passport for? Are you transferring the prepaid number to your name? -Jolene 

Respected Commentator

Hi, Jolene

to clarify the matter, this current line Im using is registered under FRIEND's PASSPORT. Since the said documents has been lost there is NO COPY to transfer to MY NAME. In order to transfer ownership from my FRIEND TO ME, I need to have that COPY of PASSPORT, correct?

Community Manager

Did your friend make a replacement passport? If not, your friend will have to make a police report of the missing passport before you can transfer the prepaid line to yourself. -Jolene 

Respected Commentator

Hi Jolene,

Police report has been made, my friend has yet to make a replacement as no use for it currently. At worse i have to abandon this number im using if it's too much of a hassle

Community Manager
Solution

We will need either the replacement passport or the police report to process the transfer. Also both you and your friend has to be present at our StarHub Shop to transfer ownership of the mobile line. -Jolene