cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up aaccount Balance Disappeared

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Top up aaccount Balance Disappeared

I am currently trying to use my roaming services I Vietnam and I get a text saying I am required to have a $5 minimum balance in my account. I top up $10 and within minutes My account automatically buys local data without my permission. I try topping up again on two separate occasions, $10 and $20. THE SAME THING HAPPENS. So I have now spent $40 topping up on data I do not need and am in Vietnam unable to use data I have paid for.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Top up aaccount Balance Disappeared

Hi eaugo

Quick check - are you topping up using your data services or via WiFi? Do ensure that data is switched off so you can manually activate the data package before your handset automatically uses it up. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I am topping up on WiFi but my data service is still on. Is that the reason
it automatically purchased the data package? I now have $40 of local data I
won’t be able to use before the expiration date
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

It will also depend on whether you've set your Happy Prepaid App to automatically purchase data or not. Have you checked the Happy Prepaid App to see if this setting is switched off?

If this doesn't work, please send us your registered name and Prepaid number for verification by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so we can check on this for you. 

- Amy