cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The mysterious case of Disappearing 'Main Balance' Value

Highlighted
Honored Commentator

The mysterious case of Disappearing 'Main Balance' Value

I have never expected Singtel to be ethical and honest with me when it comes to hidden costs and unfair charges, but that is irrelevant because this is a Starhub forum and this thread is about Starhub's 'Happy Roaming' Prepaid card. I shall proceed to write about my unhappiness with this prepaid card and/or Starhub.

The 'Happy Prepaid' app is a flaming hot mess. On multiple occassion the app has failed me.

1. Too often, I find my main balance reduced to $0.03 with no data, calls, etc. for no reason at all. However, sometimes (just sometimes), when I top up the main account afterwards, all the missing balance value re-appears again on top of the topped up value. This is strange, and it has happened to me while I was overseas and it caused me much inconvenience to have to top up value to the card there and then because that meant I had less money to spend on food afterwards.

2. But sometimes (this is truly disturbing), the missing balance does not return. "Where does it go?", you might ask. I do not know. You might also say, "eh this guy talk rubbish la i use this prepaid card/app so long nothing happen, fella is a fool i tell you, a fool", but if you do a quick search on this forum itself, you'll find many others facing the same issue. Even if the SIM card is not physically in the phone, there is a risk of your main balance depleting.. slowly.. without your knowledge or consent.. day by day... until you're left with $0.03.

3. I've just had my 'Happy Roaming' app display that I have a data plan, some data remaining, and $15 in my main balance. At this point of time, I have my mobile data setting on my phone set to 'off' and connected to WiFi, as I was cautious. Seeing I have a data plan activated, I turned WiFi 'off', switched on the mobile data, and opened my browser to open www.google.com (to test the mobile data connection). Next thing I know, I am left with $0.03. A call to Starhub's prepaid hotline revealed there was a deduction of $11+, and the reason being I have used the mobile data without an active data plan (even though the happy roaming app showed that I had a data plan active). I was told to take a screenshot of the happy roaming app and in hindsight, I should have. But 15 - 11 = 4 instead of $0.03. Right?

So how like that? Perhaps a transaction history tab would help, detailing every deduction value from your main account balance as well as the transaction description. From there, it would provide the much-needed clarity as to what is happening to your main account balance and hopefully, just maybe, it might get us a step closer towards solving the mysterious case of Disappearing 'Main Balance' Value..

8 REPLIES
Alumni (Retired)

Re: The mysterious case of Disappearing 'Main Balance' Value

Hey tohkiat, 

Do advise me on your details (Full name, NRIC/FIN, mobile number, email) via PM 

- Han

Honored Commentator

@Hanbali_N wrote:

Hey tohkiat, 

- Han

ok

Valued Commentator

True,Same with me.

Community Manager

Hi Zack

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN/Passport number and your Prepaid Number via Private Message and I'll be in touch.

- Amy
Honored Commentator

@Hanbali_N wrote:

Hey tohkiat, 

- Han

i was informed that i would be contacted within 48 hours and that was about a week ago. i have lost all faith.

Respected Commentator

I have the same problem and no help from starhub concerning the missing credits. There are too many cases and they should be brought to attention of CASE to investigate.

Respected Commentator

Same problem. There are too many cases and they should be brought to attention of CASE to investigate.

Esteemed Commentator

yes i encountered missing balance every now and then and just today, my balance went bust