cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The credit balance of my Prepaid Card keeps reducing

Esteemed Commentator

The credit balance of my Prepaid Card keeps reducing

Hi Starhub Customer Service,

The balance of my prepaid card keep reducing from $12.67 (Nov 2018)  to 5.77 (1Jul 2019) even though I did not activate my data option at all. My Data Usage is Zero. I only extend its expiry date 2 times only (12Mar & 10Jun), each with a reduction of $1.40.

My phone for this prepaid card is off all the time as I am using another telco phone number.

I began to suspect something was wrong with the system when I read there were many prepaid card users who had also encounterd such unauthorised deductions from their prepaid card balance.

As such, I began monitor the credit balance in my prepaid card in May 2019. Here is the result of the mysterious reduction:

$7.39 - 30May

$7.17 - 8Jun (0.22 deducted)

$5,77 - 10Jun (1.40 deducted) - normal

$5.55 - 16Jun (0.22 deducted)

$5.11 - 29Jun (0.44 deducted)

$4.89 - 3Jul (0.22 deducted)

Please investigate my case as well as similar probems detected by other prepaid card users whether are there any unauthorised people stealing the money in the prepaid card system or any other loopholes in the system, etc.

KIndly investigate immediately, as it seems that 22 cents is deducted from my balance every week.

Best Regards,

Mr GH Teo

Singapore

4 REPLIES 4
Alumni (Retired)

Re: The credit balance of my Prepaid Card keeps reducing

Hi ghteo

As this requires us to refer to your account details, we are unable to assist you here on StarHub Community. You can contact our dedicated Prepaid hotline at 9850 0000 for clarification on your usage and balances. 

- Amy
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Amy,

I just called your number via my prepaid sim card photo. Your number is not valid.

Community Manager

Hi ghteo,

You have to call the number using a StarHub Prepaid number. In the event that you're overseas, please dial +65 9850 0000. (No spaces)

Alternatively, you can direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for you and respond to you there. Thank you.

- Jackson
Esteemed Commentator

Called 9850 0000. Its cust ser officer.

He said the charges were for my incoming calls that have gone into the voicebox. Will monitor and see how it goes.