cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub travel 4G prepaid SIM not working in Fukuoka Japan

Esteemed Commentator

Starhub travel 4G prepaid SIM not working in Fukuoka Japan

Hi,

I'm at Fukuoka Japan right now and my Travel Happy Prepaid SIM card is not working. I have to rely on japan subway free Wi-Fi to plan and find my way around. Once I'm out of the subway, I'm on my own. 

The SIM was activated one day before I came to Japan at UOB counter T4 on 8 Aug 7.20pm and roaming was also activated at the same time with the help of the counter staff.

I have input the shppd in APN and nothing happens. Sometime the app prompt me for the MCC and MNC no. And I do not where to find the number. 

When there is no wifi connection, I can't even log into the Happy prepaid app. The Happy prepaid app response only when there is internet connection.

My first day in Japan is so screwed by this non-functioning travel sim card. 

Hope we can resolve this by day 2.

My prepaid travel sim card number is 94824542.

Please help.

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Starhub travel 4G prepaid SIM not working in Fukuoka Japan

Hi Rickylum,

Can you provide me with your details (Full name, NRIC/FIN, mobile number, email) ---> via PM and I will assist you from there - Han

Esteemed Commentator

Hi,

Is there any updates? The issue of non connectivity is still persisting. What is starhub doing to help?

If it cannot be resolve, I will demand for a refund when I am back in Singapore. The data plan is still sitting in 3GB, not moving at all.

Ricky
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Han,

I have replied you via PM but did not received a reply after that.

Trying to reach to you through this email. Here are my details.

Name: Lum Wan Tat Ricky
NRIC NO.: S8321843F
Mobile number: 94824542
Email: rickylum@gmail.com

I'm travelling to more rural parts of Kyushu in nagasaki and Beppu and hope
thiw can be resolved so I can navigate around more conveniently.

Please help and thank you.

Best Regards,
Ricky Lum
Esteemed Commentator

Han and starhub,

I have tried restarting my phone, the app, reinstall the app and it still doesnt work.

Can you do something about it? I have provided my details as requested. Can you please resolved this asap.

If not, please provide me with all the necessary information to key into the app so I can try to activate manually. Information like MCC and MNC or whatever that is necessary. The app keep prompting me for the MCC and MNC.

Please make my $32 paid worthwhile. 

Thank you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Han and starhub,

I have tried restarting my phone, the app, reinstall the app and it still doesnt work.

Can you do something about it? I have provided my details as requested. Can you please resolved this asap.

If not, please provide me with all the necessary information to key into the app so I can try to activate manually. Information like MCC and MNC or whatever that is necessary. The app keep prompting me for the MCC and MNC.

Please make my $32 paid worthwhile. 

Thank you.

Everyone's Tags (1)
Grand Guru

Hi,

Do note that each SIM card belong to the Telco itself and both Mobile Country Code (MCC) and Mobile Network Code (MNC) are already designated when you do the setting on this APN first time.

You cannot apply &or do it in this way, to any SIM card, as once designated cannot be altered.

For easy reference for roaming Telco(s) to charge to the correct Telco as according to the SIM card IMEI.

Starhub Prepaid APN: Do input in whole without any changes.

Name:  SH Data Prepaid

APN:  shppd

MCC:  525     (This is for Starhub in Singapore)

MNC:  05

>>  Save   >> Restart the phone.

Not mentioned, no need.

APN as reference, which is standard.

APN protocol:  IPv4/IPv6    (Note: if unable to use, may try to remove IPv6, but so far no complain.)

APN roaming protocol:  IPv4/IPv6

APN enable/disable:  default is  ON

Should you unable to have signal or roaming service is not enable, you have to write to forum staff to assist you to enable the roaming service for you.

Best is not to log-off the Happy Prepaid app, as you can use wifi to access to check and changes as to buy Data Plan, etc.

As once you log-off, you may have to log-in with the PIN to access to your prepaid account.

Reminder: In order to have Roaming service while oversea, your prepaid account should have a minimum balance of $8.00

If you do make calls & sms, do top-up more to avoid having no signal.

Do PM (private message) forum staff Amy_Law to assist you on this matter.

Or to the forum staff that reply here, by clicking on the staff's post: Send a private message.

Click on this link; >> Send private message to Amy_Law  

Or on this link to; >> Send private message to Starhub CS  

Do note that currently, forum staff mailbox may be having some problem, so send to the 2nd link to Starhub CS.

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Message Subject:

Registered subscriber full Name, NRIC/FIN number, account (if any) and your contact & email.

Description:  Do include any other queries here &or this thread for reference.

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

i am not starhub staff.