cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub prepaid 4G booster activation

Respected Contributor

Starhub prepaid 4G booster activation

Hi,

I am trying to activate the 4G booster however the screen indicated "You are not eligible to activate 4G booster at this moment. Please try again after 13/06/2016 09:37:31".

Why is it so? Why must wait till 13 Jun and I can't 4G in next 3 days?

Regards.

7 REPLIES 7
Valued Advocate

Re: Starhub prepaid 4G booster activation

@andylow

If you just bought the $15/$50 Happy Prepaid SIM, you can't activate 4G Booster because it's not applicable to the ongoing Free 100GB local data promotion until it expire in 5 days!

http://www.starhub.com/about-us/legal-notices-and-terms/terms-and-conditions/consumer/4g-booster.htm...

-----------------------------------------
I am not Starhub staff, neither am I related to her competitors...
I'm simply kay-poh :-J
Grand Guru

Hi  @andylow

As what mentioned by  @LeBo  for "4G booster" and "Free 100GB local data promotion until it expire in 5 days" are 2 different promotions.

For Promotion, only 1 promotion are allowed per period.

As for that date & time, it may mean that your "Free 100GB .. expire in 5 days", could expire on that date/time. 

Respected Contributor

Are we able to choose?! I bought the prepaid card for short trip and sign for the 3day 5GB roam overseas and in the end suffer low pathetic 3G speed and can't even activate a 4G booster.

When starhub announced the happy roam for prepaid overseas, usually we will just buy and 1-2 days and activate before we fly off. It's unacceptable we need to wait for 5 days then can use 4G .. I might as well get a local 4G local data plan in that country. What kind of lousy promotion which denying us of using 4G is this?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Are we able to choose?! I bought the prepaid card for short trip and sign for the 3day 5GB roam overseas and in the end suffer low pathetic 3G speed and can't even activate a 4G booster.

When starhub announced the happy roam for prepaid overseas, usually we will just buy and 1-2 days and activate before we fly off. It's unacceptable we need to wait for 5 days then can use 4G .. I might as well get a local 4G local data plan in that country. What kind of lousy promotion which denying us of using 4G is this?
Everyone's Tags (1)
Alumni (Retired)

Hi andylow, 

Thank you for your feedback and we'll definitely keep that in mind.

As for now you are not able to choose as mentioned by LeBo.

Thank you

New Commentator

Received a sms from 7001 today said 30 day 4G expires 11/2/17 and will auto renew upon expiry. Will I got charge when it auto renew? I am now not in Singapore, so I DO NOT want to auto renew, but when I try to cancel it using *123*3*4# it says 'invalid option'. Please help.

Prepaid phone number: +65-92429461

Thank you.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Ivy Teo, Prepaid customers currently enjoy Free 30-day 4G Booster until further notice. The Promotion will be renewed free of charge every 30 days. For more information, please refer to http://bit.ly/2je3U9P. - Amy

- Amy