StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub Prepaid and China Mobile

Respected Commentator

Starhub Prepaid and China Mobile

Hi I have been in China for 6 weeks. Majority the time I am only getting 2G on China Mobile. I do get 4G occasionally. I have roam in Indonesia, Australia and USA and got 4G constantly. Is there a fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Starhub Prepaid and China Mobile

Hi bigflatpanel

Are you using Prepaid or Postpaid services? Do reboot your handset to try again.

- Amy
Respected Commentator

As title says prepaid. Have tried everything including power cycling the
iPhone.
Alumni (Retired)

That should be so frustrating.

Do provide me your full name,NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email address via Private Message and I'll arrange for assistance. 

Respected Commentator

What is NRIC/FIN?
Respected Commentator

I hope this is not how Singaporean companies operate presently. Starhub mentions China Mobile as one of it’s roaming partner. It’s up to Starhub to manage its suppliers, not to blame. This shows zero pride in taking cooperate and social responsibilities. Shame on me for waiting so long for a solution. (I have emailed Starhub support numerous time previously.)

During the last 6 weeks, I have traveled through China’s Sichuan, Tibet and Yunnan rural/urban areas. I have had a total of less than 3 hours of 4G service. The 2G service sparingly work. (Who would want 2G service for a smartphone?).