cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StarHub phones cannot send SMS to phones from the Danish carrier TDC

SOLVED
Valued Commentator

StarHub phones cannot send SMS to phones from the Danish carrier TDC

It appears like there is a general issue when sending SMS'es from StarHub phones to phones from the Danish carrier TDC.

I can successfully send a message from my TDC phone to a phone from StarHub. However a message or reply from the StarHub phone will never arrive to my TDC phone. The country codes and numbers have been verified by successful calls in both directions.

The issue has been confirmed by StarHub (Clementi Mall) using a StarHub test phone. We however concluded that it seemed to be an issue with the infrastructure of my Danish carrier (TDC), because the StarHub phones sucessfully send messages to another Danish carrier (Telenor).

I am now back in Denmark and my Danish carrier (TDC) has informed me that they do have an SMS agreement with StarHub and everything seems to be correct on their side. They furthermore informed me that their subcontractor (Huawei) lately did some changes to their SMS central. StarHub may therefore need to update the address to forward SMS'es to the SMS Central of TDC.

TDC finally informed me that it is the responsibility of the originating carrier (StarHub) to initiate further troubleshooting by tracking an SMS until it reaches their infrastructure; they cannot perform or initiate this.

So how do I best pass this issue to the right people at StarHub?

Supplementing notes:

• TDC is one of the major carriers in Denmark with several sub-brands such as YouSee, FullRate, Unotel, …
  • I also do not receive SMS'es send from M1 phones. Maybe the issue is caused by a common inter-carrier service?
  • The issue has been verified with 3 phones from TDC, 2 from StarHub and 1 from M1.
  • *0# messages receives no delivery notification when texting from StarHub phones to TDC phones.
  • My support ticket at the TDC sub-brand UnoTel has number: NZI-330-62241
  • I care because plain SMS'es are a good universal fallback in emergency/disaster situations

Everyone's Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alumni (Retired)
Solution

Re: StarHub phones cannot send SMS to phones from the Danish carrier TDC

Hi @ OleF

This is a valid concern and shouldn't be happening. Are you able to ask the StarHub subscribers who you've not received the SMSes from to contact me via Private Message so I can arrange for investigation.

- Amy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alumni (Retired)
Solution

Hi @ OleF

This is a valid concern and shouldn't be happening. Are you able to ask the StarHub subscribers who you've not received the SMSes from to contact me via Private Message so I can arrange for investigation.

- Amy

View solution in original post

Valued Commentator

The issue has been solved :-)

We are now able to do two-way SMS messaging between StarHub and TDC.

Thank you to everybody involved!

Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for the update, @OleF. Have a great week ahead! - Sofia

Sofia