StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retain of current sim prepaid number to prepaid Micro Sim?

New Commentator

Retain of current sim prepaid number to prepaid Micro Sim?

Hi,

My brother just bought me a phone from Starhub that requires MicroSim. I was informed that I could not transfer my current normal prepaid number to a prepaid MicroSim. Is this true? May I know why?  

However, I was told that post-paid(those with mobile plans) users are able to retain their number if they require a MicroSIM (their number can be transferred). I feel that it is unfair if Starhub treats prepaid user and post-paid user differently because after all, we are still Starhub customer/consumers.

I really wish to retain my number as I have been using my Starhub prepaid number for the past 6-7 years. Changing to a new number would be troublesome for me. Overall, I am proud and enjoy being a Starhub customer as I never have any problems with Starhub connections and etc all these years. Is there a way I can still retain my number if i change to MicroSim?? pleaseeee....Smiley Happy

Thank You Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Hub Master

Re: Retain of current sim prepaid number to prepaid Micro Sim?

Hey andykn

So sorry but we are unable to transfer your prepaid mobile service to a new MicroSIM.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
MG
Honored Commentator

Re: Retain of current sim prepaid number to prepaid Micro Sim?

@andykn wrote:

Hi,

My brother just bought me a phone from Starhub that requires MicroSim. I was informed that I could not transfer my current normal prepaid number to a prepaid MicroSim. Is this true? May I know why?  

However, I was told that post-paid(those with mobile plans) users are able to retain their number if they require a MicroSIM (their number can be transferred). I feel that it is unfair if Starhub treats prepaid user and post-paid user differently because after all, we are still Starhub customer/consumers.

I really wish to retain my number as I have been using my Starhub prepaid number for the past 6-7 years. Changing to a new number would be troublesome for me. Overall, I am proud and enjoy being a Starhub customer as I never have any problems with Starhub connections and etc all these years. Is there a way I can still retain my number if i change to MicroSim?? pleaseeee....Smiley Happy

Thank You Smiley Happy

bro maybe u can try cutting your sim card ?