StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported issue but support refused to check with backend. Why?

Trusted Commentator

Reported issue but support refused to check with backend. Why?

4 REPLIES 4
Trusted Commentator

Re: Reported issue but support refused to check with backend. Why?

What the??? I have not even put in any message and the message was posted ?!?!

Anyway, I have a question in regards to how SH support works....

My plan does not have free sms and I had sent out 2 sms to 2 different numbers. A few days later, I checked my SH app and found that it said I had exceeded 5 sms, not 2!!

I wrote to support asking them why and to request for an investigation and confirmation and correction before the bill comes so that I will not be charged for the extra 3 sms.

After playing ping-pong with the support, informing me that line breaks takes up 2 chars and emojis can take up more than 1 char etc etc, and after I send them the whole text that I had sms (which was only 131 * 2 chars, which are less than the 160 * 2 limit, they tell me that they can't report to the backend support UNTIL the bill comes and if the bill shows 2 sms, then everything is ok (WRONG!!, THE APP HAS A BUG!!), and if the bill shows 5 sms, then they will report to the backend to investigate.

My question is WHY?? Why does the support have to wait until Starhub can charge me extra money and then I have to wait 2, 3 months for the refund?!?!

Here I am taking the initiative to inform you guys of a problem, and you guys are just sweeping the problem under the carpet until it's show up in the bill!!

I demand some explanation because I have tolerated similar nonsense for the past 2 months after I had converted my cable to fibre and for the past 2 months, I had been wrongly charged for services that were promised to me as free, and of services that were to be at a lower price. For these 2 issues, I have not received any refunds, and I do not want any more unneccessary, unwarranted and unreasonable fees to be charged to me TOTALLY DUE TO YOUR SYSTEM AND/OR YOUR EMPLOYEES' FAULT.

Also, I would like to escalate this to your management. Pls. advise how I can do that.

Community Manager

Hi ds2003, thanks for contacting us. As this requires us to refer to your account details, we are unable to assist you here on StarHub Community. Please direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for you and respond to you there. Thank you!

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Trusted Commentator

Given same cr*p as the email support - Can't do anything until the bill comes.

After I insisted that I'm not asking about the charges issue but rather what's wrong with the app and/or the sms server issue, showing that I sent 5 sms when I had only sent 2 sms on the day in question, Jeremy then "kindly" suggested that I reinstall the app.

And no surprise, it's a waste of my time - uninstall and install app, and give the same number - 5 sms sent!!

Now, we shall see how our poor old Jeremy who had been given this burden instead of the inefficient, useless email support, will do.... and the saga continues....

Trusted Commentator

Just want to end this with a satisfied note.

The email support AND the community support AND the facebook messenger support were totally clueless and hopeless and useless but I'm happy to say that at least a person stood up and did a pretty good service recovery, NOT because of this issue but due to a previous issue which I had emailed for an update and he had kindly offered to look into ALL my pending issues which I have, after calling me and giving me the WRONG answer to my issue, and after I had told him why.

His name is Einstein and did a good job in assuring me that my issues have been looked into and the appropriate refunds/waivers will be put in place in the following month's bills.

Kudos to his efforts and good service recovery, and seriously the other support folks have a lot to learn from him!!