Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid sim card activation

SOLVED
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Prepaid sim card activation

I've bought a new prepaid sim card and inserted to my phone.

There's no network connection for the prepaid sim card. So I can't call *142#. How else can I activate it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Prepaid sim card activation

Hi nic6, can we verify which mobile phone are you using? Please send me a private massage with your NRIC/FIN that was used to registered your prepaid SIM card and your mobile number so that we can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you - Josephine

5 REPLIES
Solution

Hi nic6, can we verify which mobile phone are you using? Please send me a private massage with your NRIC/FIN that was used to registered your prepaid SIM card and your mobile number so that we can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you - Josephine

Esteemed Commentator

thanks for the response. I've managed to get starhub network connection, by turning off my main sim card. 

so I guess it's the starhub prepaid sim that couldn't work as dual sim. 

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Let us know should you require any further assistance.  – Josephine

Grand Master

For dual SIM phone, there should have an option to choose the default call & mobile data.

I am using several dual SIM phones and there is this option;

> Setting > SIM card & mobile networks >> Default settings for both call & data.

As for call, again there is the option to choose which SIM card to use before call.

This option is good that it avoid accidentally using prepaid SIM for mobile data.

Your phone should have this option, as it is not visible if you do not scroll down.

Maybe this options could be somewhere in the mobile networks setting.

When i 1st use these dual SIM phone, i did not know that there is this option.

So, do a check carefully where this option is available in your phone.

It is not due to any Prepaid SIM card issue.

Esteemed Commentator

Hi, I believe I can be considered an experienced dual sim user. I know my phone's settings.

I really don't want to dig this further. But since you're claiming it is the fault on the user's side. I feel I need to clarify.

I have been using dual SIM with singtel and m1 sim card on my phone for almost a year with no issue.

Ok? Please just let it go.

Let's just agree that it IS an incompatibility issue of starhub's sim or network with other telcos'.

This is just for sharing of info in case any other consumers face the same problem. At least now they know they can solve it by turning off the other sim.