GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid packages.

Esteemed Commentator

Prepaid packages.

My friends and I will be heading down to Singapore for holiday real soon, and all of us are planning to get a prepaid sim card each since all of us have different itinerary. We'll be there like for 4 days 3 nights and pretty much will be callin each other as well as does alotta net surfing and uploading as well from our mobiles. So can you recommend a prepaid package for us? Will be great if we can get the package from convenient store rather as well.

9 REPLIES 9
Hub Master

Re: Prepaid packages.

Hey Ickz

You can check out http://www.starhub.com/content/broadband/onthemove/maxmobileprepaid.html. You can consider purchasing the $18 card and enjoy 5 consecutive days of unlimited local data access.

After touching down at Changi Airport, you can get the card from the 24 hours UOB Foreign Exchange counters.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

that is definitely a package i want. But is there any other location I can get the card besides Changi airport?

And does this prepaid actually allows voice call and sms?

the amount SGD18 is meant for voicecall and sms only or the data access as well?

Actually I thought of getting http://www.starhub.com/visitsg rather, but not sure if i need to pay additional SGD7 to get the 1gb data access or when I activate it using *131#call buttons it will just automatically deduct from the SGD18?

Hub Master

Hi Ickz

You can also get it from Convenience Stores like Cheers and 7-11.

The prepard card that I have mentioned in the earlier post is only for data service.

If you are getting The Preferred Tourist Prepaid Card, it comes with a bundled data of 30 MB. If you have higher data usage, you can purchase the MaxMobile Value data plan, the charges will be deducted from your existing value in the card.

Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Can I get the The Preferred Tourist Prepaid Card from 7-11 as well? 

Hub Master

Hey Ickz

It is not available at 7-11.

Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Is there like any regular prepaid cards that i can get easily from convenience store like 7-11, and able to activate MaxMobile Value Prepaid Plans?

Hub Master

Hi Ickz

You can get the Green Prepaid.

Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Theres only $15 and $50 available for Green prepaid is that right? Was reading the FAQ and I come across this:

I tried to use my Green Prepaid SIM card on a handset I purchased and there is an error message “SIM Card Error" displayed. What does this mean? 
All Green Prepaid SIM cards should be able to work on any handsets sold in Singapore. The error message could mean that your handset is SIM-locked and only certain SIMs from the mobile operator you have purchased from can be used on the handset. For further details, please check with the mobile operator or shop from which the handset was purchased.

Dos this Green prepaid works for Malaysian handset? Particularly iPhone4 and Adroid phones?

Hub Master

Hi Ickz

Yes. It comes in $15 and $50.

If I am not mistaken, the handsets from Malaysia are not SIM-locked. So most probably you will not have issue using our StarHub Prepaid Card on your mobile phone.

Home is where the ♥ is