GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid balance gone. Again!

Esteemed Commentator

Prepaid balance gone. Again!

Last couple times when my data plan ran out, my main balance ran out very quickly. I thought that may be data connection costs some unreasonable money, and did not make a fuss then. But yesterday I decided to make an experiment.

Yesterday I had approx $21 on main account, $3.5 on bonus account, and more than 1Gb of unused data. I receive SMS that today, 6AM my data plan will end. I went on and DISABLED data connection in phone settings. Starting 10PM yesterday is was WI-FI ONLY.

Today at 10AM I check my balance, and - voila - $0.01 main account, $0.01 bonus account.

HOW DOES IT WORK, STARHUB?

HOW DID I MANAGE TO SPEND IT ALL WITHOUT MAKING A SINGLE CALL AND TRANSFERRING A SINGLE BIT OF DATA?

11 REPLIES 11
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Prepaid balance gone. Again!

Hey Merv,

Can you provide me with your mobile number and the NRIC/FIN/Passport number via PM so that I may arrange for further assistance?

Click here ---> PM Me Here

Esteemed Commentator

Done. Check your PMs.

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

First of all - thanks, it worked!

This is yesterday:

screenshot--1.jpg

And this is today:

screenshot--2.jpg

What about previous times this happened? 8-th of August, for example.

Why is this happening at all? I can see that most topics in this forum are about this same issue. What do I do next time? Voice call to hotline resulted in exactly nothing - when I entered my number, system just told me it does not exist. Is there any way to prevent losing main balance in future? Can you fix this once and for all?

Esteemed Commentator

Nothing?
Esteemed Contributor

Merv you are asking for a lot trying to get them to post possible solutions for clients. 

I think they are just bots who post "Can you provide me with your mobile number and the NRIC/FIN/Passport number via PM so that I may arrange for further assistance?" whenever someone asks a question.

It doesn't make sense. Post some solutions, sticky it up to the top of the thread so that people can understand why and try to avoid the problem

Esteemed Commentator

Of course I want a solution to the underlying problem, instead of manual fixes for each individual client, which involves a lot of communication effort and ~24 hours of downtime in service. I think everyone would benefit from it, starting with Starhub. Don't you agree?
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you Merv.

The only reason that i can think of on why Starhub doesn't list possible solutions is because they know that their product is faulty and deducts money without reason. That's why you have to contact them to get the transaction reversed. For everyone else who doesn't realise or who doesn't complain, its profit for them.

I have lodged a complaint with IMDA and urge others to do the same.

Valued Commentator

i came to this community on a different issue and notice lots of threads on prepaid value disappearing. I have not ever have this issue and all these while I've only used *123*100# to check for balances and never did install the happy app. Has anyone not have the app and still face the $0 issue? (sorry, random idea as I see the app screenshot above)

Esteemed Commentator

A-a-a-and.... AGAIN!!!

Balance lost again yesterday night. Just as before, data connection disabled, no calls.

Something MUST change, Starhub!