GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Call Barring Issue

Valued Commentator

Prepaid Call Barring Issue

Hi, I am currently using my Starhub Prepaid card for overseas usage. I have activated roaming and bought data plan whenever I need. While I am in overseas, I have no issues receiving calls and surfing the Internet. However if I want to make an outgoing call, there is a voice prompt saying that all outgoing calls are barred. I have tried to do all means necessary to disable the call barring via the USSD codes but to no avail. It states "Sim or Network Error". I have already disabled all call barring functions on my android phone but I still cannot make outgoing calls. I also tried the usual steps of trying the sim card on other phones, reseting the phone and so on. Do note that I have sufficient balance in my wallet for roaming.

Is there any way that my prepaid line be reset or something? Anyone can advise? I am on the verge of changing telcos. 

6 REPLIES 6
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Prepaid Call Barring Issue

Quick check, firdhaus - does reinstalling the Prepaid APN using the Happy Prepaid App, restarting your handset or placing your SIM Card in another handset help resolve this issue?

Please provide us with full name and NRIC/FIN/Passport number for verification by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so we can assist you. 

- Amy
Valued Commentator

@Amy_Law wrote:

Quick check, firdhaus - does reinstalling the Prepaid APN using the Happy Prepaid App, restarting your handset or placing your SIM Card in another handset help resolve this issue?

Please provide us with full name and NRIC/FIN/Passport number for verification by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so we can assist you. 

Issue still exist and is a persistent problem. Was in JB a few hours ago and tried to make a call back to Singapore and the "all outgoing calls are barred" announcement was heard again. Yes I have sufficient credits. Yes I have roaming switched on. Yes I have manually connected to a PREFERRED partner. Yes I have my APN settings correctly done. Yes I have reset my phone countless of times. Yes I have tried using the sim card in another phone. All these was done and consumed my time but resolved nothing! If I was being robbed and needed to call for help, I am dead meat. Starhub, I am not the only one who has this issue and I am definitely not the only one not happy with this. The irony of calling it Happy Roam. Now I am left with very few choices. Its either I throw this sim away and jump to another telco or get this sim replaced at any Starhub shop and pray it solves the problem which I highly doubt so. So now, what help can you guys still offer right now? 

Valued Commentator

Hi Amy, 

I am also facing the same call barring issue with my prepaid sum card. 

I tried to undo the call barring setting with default password 1234 but it didn't work.

Please advice! 

Thanks. 

Community Manager

Hi HayashiRuna, Let us know if the issue persist after you tried to restart the mobile device or reinserting the SIM card ? Thank you

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Valued Commentator

Hi,

Yes the issue still persist despite restarting phone.

I am currently overseas and do not have the sim card toolkit with me to
reinsert the sim card.

Community Manager

Hi HayashiRuna,Thanks for contacting us. As this requires us to refer to your account details, we are unable to assist you here on StarHub Community. Please direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (

http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for you and respond to you there. Thank you!

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!