cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Balance Gone

New Commentator

Prepaid Balance Gone

Dear Starhub,

My data plan was valid till the morning of 22nd Sept. My phone was on wifi the whole morning and when i stepped out for 10 mins, i got a notification to say my balance was $2. I immediately put my phone on airplane mode. About 1 hour later, I turned off airplane mode when i reached home and was on WIFI and i got a notification saying i had no more balance.

The app showed $0.03. Can you please help me explain how a $20+ balance was wiped out in 5 minutes? Even without the package, data cannot have been $20 for a few MB of data use. I have used the service for about a year now and noticed this happen quite frequently. Once the package ends, large amounts of money can be wiped out in minutes. 

I use the services frequently as I travel for work and spend a good amount of this prepaid card, however, my balance becoming zero all of a sudden is happening much too often. Can you please address this or I  need to find another alternative to my roaming data.

Best.

Brian  

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Prepaid Balance Gone

Hi Brian, thanks for contacting us. As this requires us to refer to your account details, we are unable to assist you here on StarHub Community. Please direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for you and respond to you there. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Prepaid Balance Gone

Hi Brian,

The key is you walked out of the house and for 10 minutes there was no wifi and you finally quickly activate airplane mode. And you said that you do not have a data plan package.

You are right. Data is expensive should you not have a plan for it. Prepaid rates goes as 4¢ per 10KB. So you probably have some background usage on your phone before being able to hit that $20 of usage. So therefore you got to really take note to extend the packages before it ends , I believe Starhub do send reminders just before package ends,

This applies to all prepaid cards in Singapore of any provider.

Thanks!