Respected Commentator

Personal hotspot in au

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Personal hotspot in au

Roaming coverage when overseas will be dependent on the configuration of the network by the provider. You can check if you're connected to the correct settings below:

For Android users, you can turn on mobile hotspot straightaway.

For iOS users, please follow the below steps to set up before trying to turn on mobile hotspot.
Step 1: Make sure the iPhone is updated to iOS version 11.0 and above
Step 2: Go to Settings> Mobile Data> Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network> Under Personal Hotspot, update APN to shppd 

If this doesn't work, please reply with your full name and Prepaid number for verification by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so we can assist you.

- Amy
6 REPLIES
Respected Commentator

Hi, personal hotspot worked in changi today, just off flight to au, no longer works. When enabling directed to contact Starhub support. Tried to replace profile to no avail. 

appreciate any and all help!

best,

Community Manager

Hi jeffd

Network coverage and speeds when overseas is dependent on the partner network. So hotspot may not be available in areas where the partner's coverage may not be as strong.

Should this happen, you can roam normally on your handset by switching off hotspot.

- Amy
Respected Commentator

amy, thank you for your reply. I'm in melbourne and as one might expect,
your partner telestra's coverage is quite good in this major city. are you
sure it's not a configuration problem?

we are in austrailia for 12 days and would not have purchased the sim card
if we'd known personal hostpot was disabled here. Perhaps you should note
this on your website so prospective purchasers aren't disappointed.

best,
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

Roaming coverage when overseas will be dependent on the configuration of the network by the provider. You can check if you're connected to the correct settings below:

For Android users, you can turn on mobile hotspot straightaway.

For iOS users, please follow the below steps to set up before trying to turn on mobile hotspot.
Step 1: Make sure the iPhone is updated to iOS version 11.0 and above
Step 2: Go to Settings> Mobile Data> Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network> Under Personal Hotspot, update APN to shppd 

If this doesn't work, please reply with your full name and Prepaid number for verification by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so we can assist you.

- Amy
Respected Commentator

Hi Amy,

this morning I received notification of new settings from my cellular carrier. I accepted the settings, set the apn->shipd, restarted the phone and personal hotspot is now working. As such, the sim card represents good value and I'll post in flyertalk forums about the card.

thank you for your help.

best,

Community Manager

Thank you for the update, jeffd. Enjoy your travels. :-)

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is