cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G, only 3G

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

No 4G, only 3G

For about 2 weeks I've only been able to connect to the 3G data network, no 4G.  I've tried restarting my iPhone multiple times.  My wife is also on Starhub prepaid and has 4G sitting next to me.  Any advice?

10 REPLIES 10
Community Relationship Manager

Re: No 4G, only 3G

Hi @billybob, may I know if you're getting 3G at various locations and could you help to test your sim card on another device to see if you can get 4G on that other device? 

Thank you -Jolene 

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Hello,
I’m getting 3g everywhere. Never switches to 4G anymore. I swapped my wife’s sim to my phone and I get 4G. I put my sim in her phone and only 3g. So it seems to be a sim issue.
Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Hi @billybob, has the sim only shown 3G all along? Or do you mean you get 4G all along, and 2 weeks ago it stops giving you 4G serivce? Are you on any data plan?

I've used 4G on this phone/sim for years, then suddenly no more 4g since about 2 weeks ago.
I have a data plan, over 600MB available right now.
Highlighted

Hi @billybob, please check if the 4G settings on your phone is turned on. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Yes, just confirmed 4G is on on my phone.

Highlighted

@billybob I see. Do you get the 3G network in specific locations or anywhere you go? If it occurs anywhere you go, I highly suggest that you reach out to our Customer Care Support team on Facebook or Twitter for further assistance. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

@Carla_P
I only get 3G now. No 4G anywhere.

I called the customer care line. They said they are investigating and would call me back in a few hours. They never called back. I called the next day, and they are still investigating. I suspect this investigation will not end.

The customer rep said I should probably just go for a replacement SIM. She said it would be free of charge, but when I look online it says $26.75. What is the correct answer?
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Still no response from Starhub "investigation".

No way I'll pay $26.75 for a new SIM when I can just port my number and get something of value for less than that price.