cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO MOBILE DATA, CRAP SERVICE

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

NO MOBILE DATA, CRAP SERVICE

On 1st December Friday, I bought a 30 day 3.6 GB data plan for my prepaid card, which had around 700mb or so data left. The next day, when I tried use my data I kept getting redirected to StarHub prepaid website. All my apps pop up say cannot connect, and both safari and chrome have the same result. So, I called the customer service hotline. The person on the other end told me to go to my settings and change the mobile data APN settings. The results were still the same, so he told me that he would transfer the call to another department, but it was busy so he told me that he would inform the personnel and they would call me back.

On Sunday, I still have not received a reply, so I turned to this forum for an answer. After posting, I got PM for my details. After some time of messaging back and forth, I was told that my issue was forwarded to the tech department and they would contact me.

Today is 7th December. I still have no calls, no contact, no solution. This time I took the half day off and went to the StarHub centre in Plaza Singapura. Waited for an hour or so, finally got attended to. The lady at counter 1 checked the records and told me that my data had all been used up within 24hrs of my purchase. All 4GB+ of data, used up in the night. She told me that it might have been because of background app consumption.

Do you think this is believable? I certainly don’t. First of all, 1 December and 2 December is Friday and Saturday, the weekend. During those times, I was at home and using my house’s wifi. My house wifi modem is on 24/7, even in the night. Thus, during those times, my data came mainly from my house wifi, not my mobile data. Secondly, this device is my work device. I have my own tablet and phones for personal use. As with all my devices, when I first received it I checked the data settings as I am very wary of overusing my data. During the weekend, the only thing I did with this device is to check my next week schedule and charge the battery. Third, I have a habit of switching off my mobile data before I go to sleep. This has been my habit for the past 5 years, and do not change even when I am overseas. Lastly and more importantly, the size of 4GB+ data is quite large. In the span of less than 24 hours, all of it were used up? As previously mentioned, this device is for work, and this was the weekend. I did not download any files or apps, nor did I watch any video on this device in those 24 hrs. There is no reason for the exhaustive use of such large amount of data. And yet, I am told that this is what happened and even showed me a table with my alleged use of data.

I told her to get her manager or someone I could talk to. So in the end, her supervisor came to talk to me. I tried to reason with him, but he basically kept saying the same thing she did. He told me I should top up my data. So, fine. After I left, on my way home I purchased a $15 30-day 2.4GB data plan. This time, I was super careful. I made sure that my mobile data was off to prevent any accidental background app usage, on my settings I toggled off the majority of the apps allowed to use my mobile data.

When I reached home, after charging my device I switched off the wifi and tried the mobile data. The result? [Safari cannot open the page “https://www.apple.com/“ because your iPad is not connected to the internet.] NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET!!!

I AM SO FED UP WITH THIS. I DON’T CARE ANYMORE, I WANT A FULL REFUND FOR BOTH DATA PLANS. YOUR PEOPLE CAN SHUFFLE THIS PROBLEM TO THIS THAT DEPARTMENT OR WHATEVER. YOU CAN PLAY AROUND, I WILL BE PAYING A VISIT TO YOUR HQ. WHATEVER PROBLEM YOU HAVE, CAN DISCUSS THEN.