GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy roam main balance deducted 15 cents

Valued Commentator

Happy roam main balance deducted 15 cents

I just activated my $50 prepaid card and 15 cents was deducted. Please rectify the issue as I’m not able to buy the data plan that I wanted to. 

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Happy roam main balance deducted 15 cents

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Honored Contributor

hello Starhub, isnt it time you guys just give us the option to disable local usage for the PP card...? so that we do not get charged for expensive local "data" usage.

just imagine how many man hours can you save from rectifying all these questions on "missing" credits and auto deductions.

some of us do not have the luxury of time to wait for responses here
Community Manager

Hi jamzy

All handsets have the option to switch off Data Roaming in their settings. You can self set this setting before heading overseas to better manage your usage on the go. 

I understand your concerns have been attended as of 9 Jun 2019.

- Amy
Honored Contributor

you obviously dont get it dont u?

Singtel has the option to switch off mobiledata on their own app at least i know for their postpaid plans.

this 15cents obviously was triggered from "accidental" data usage when you try to subscribe to the Happyroam services, you put your sim card in and some app starts using the data.

Just look at all the queries on missing credits.....i myself couldnt be bothered for a few cents or maybe they just got deducted without my knowledge.
but for this recent $X that occured to me, it's amazing you guys are still on these same issues time and time again
Community Manager

We do not charge 15 cents for Happy Roam connections. Do PM us if you need clarification on your usage. 

- Amy
Honored Contributor

SMH