Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Roam not working in US (New York)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Roam not working in US (New York)

Hi,

Happy Roam is not working properly in the US.

The Happy Roam is only allowing me to connect to T-Mobile 2G in New York City, and AT&T is not allowed, it is showing as (Restricted)...

Why are the networks unable to connect to 3G or 4G?

• I have Happy Stars Plus 25 plan, so I should have a data pack included. My Roaming data works... just on 2G only.
  • I also tried buying the $1 7-day data plan to see if that helped. It didn't.
  • I have tried my SIM card in another phone and it is giving the exact same problem. I have also reset my Roaming the SH Customer Care and restarted the phone.Screenshot_2017-09-21-13-03-41-331_com.android.phone.png

Please help to fix this, otherwise there is no point to using HappyRoam.

Everyone's Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Grand Guru

Re: Happy Roam not working in US (New York)

For your info the R in the notification bar mean you are on Roaming service.

Also ensure your phone setting in mobile network on Network mode is set to Auto LTE/3G/2G.

Should you require any assistance;

Do PM (private message) forum staff Amy_Law to assist you on this matter.

Or to the forum staff that reply here, by clicking on the staff's post: Send a private message.

Click on this link; >> Send private message to Amy_Law

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Message Subject:

Registered subscriber Name, NRIC/FIN number, contact, email.

Description:

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

This is quite a poor response from Starhub. Obviously auto-matic selection is not the issue, since I have done this, thus I also tried Manual mode, where you can see from the screen shot the available networks:

-It shows only T-Mobile 2G as the network I can connect, and doesn't even allow me AT&T.

-I know that R means Roaming. I meant AT&T shows as Forbidden

-I also added a top-up to my account (in addition to Happy Stars Plus), I have a $10 main balance.

I PM'd you as well. But it seems many users are having this problem. And no solution or fix has been posted on this site.

Grand Guru

Hi  shafster

Please note that i am not Starhub staff.

Even if you PM me, i will forward to the staff mentioned in my post.

Do refer to the link; >>  Happy Stars Plus Top-Up Card

In regard to the which top-up able to use, for example; only $25 is added to the main wallet while the others may not be.

As only main wallet is able to deduct for use in activating any Data Plans & services.

Note that free bundle are for Local use, not oversea.

PM forum staff to assist you further on any enquires on this matter.

Anyway this is quite common issues as reported here.

Most T&C may not be clearly stated.

Regards.

Honored Contributor

Hi Eric,

While I understand you are not SH Staff, this response does not actually address the real questions or issues, and the information you have given is incorrect:

1. In Happy Stars Plus, the data included is allowed for use in HappyRoam, (I have been using it in many countries for almost a year), as I said, it is working right now on 2G not on 3/4G. 

2. I also added a data package to see if that would enable my 4G while roaming, it did NOT work.

3. I added an extra $10 to the MAIN WALLET (not the HappyStars main balance), as a straight top-up. This also did not change anything

4. Actually, ths HappyStars included main balance CAN be used to purchase Data Packs... just check the app. I have also confirmed this with Customer Care. This is allowed.

So the issue remains: Roaming in US is not working properly. Only T-Mobile 2G is available to roam on. Please fix this.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

This issue is still not fixed. I have sent PMs and called Customer Care... no one does anything, all they say is "please look at our Happy Roam guide". Obviously I have done that and there is still a problem.

T-Mobile only connects as 2G (EDGE) internet, and often drops the connection

I had the min. balance of $10 in Main Wallet, + Data Plan + HappyStarsPlus Data pack... still no luck

Manual connection doesn't help, and disabling/enabling roaming doesn't help, and APN settings are as given in App.

SO many people are complaining about this... please fix it or ask T-Mobile to fix it as your roaming partner. AT&T does not work at all!

Community Manager

Hi @ shafster

We're looking into your PM and will reply you there. 

- Amy
Honored Contributor

Hi @Amy_Law still no response from you or starhub team from my PM.  It has been over a month....!!!

I have sent you several PMs as requested ..... Clearly you guys are trying to avoid / ignore this issue.

Please respond with a fix ASAP.  

Don't send silly messages like, "please try to manually connect to TMobile or AT&T" if you send that, obviously you have not read or looked at the posts... because I have already done that!

Appreciate your prompt reply and fix to this matter.