StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exasperating experience with Happy Prepaid

Valued Contributor

Exasperating experience with Happy Prepaid

Had made two $10 top ups, once in Feb 2018 and another time in June 2018, to extend card validity. Top ups via my postpaid account were successful and charged accordingly and the app did show the new wallet balance.

Since the last top up in June, i have not used the prepaid card and when i used it again last week on 11 Sep, have realised that balance reduced from $26.40 to $6.89. Had to use the card urgently, hence activated a $5 data plan. Had $1.89 in card balance after that. Wrote in about the technical issue via the feedback channel in the app, but did not receive any reply till now (it has been a week).

Called 98500000 via my postpaid number, only to realise it can only be called from prepaid card number. Called the line again using my prepaid card, and after waiting for 10mins or so, finally got to speak to your customer care officer to tell her about my technical issue. She informed me that my card balance is now at $0.02! Does that mean that your service hotline is not toll-free after all and I had spent $1.87 just to call your service hotline to report the technical issue on your end?

Also, your officer promised to call back in an hour’s time (around 1.50pm or so). Till now, I have not received the return call with an explanation or solution. Now, can I know how else to get the missing credit back? This is the 3rd time I’m trying and i’m hoping to get a satisfactory reply from your side. Thank you. 

Everyone's Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Exasperating experience with Happy Prepaid

Hi havre

Let me get this sorted out for you. Do provide me with your Registered Name and prepaid number via Private Message and we'll keep in touch. 

Valued Contributor

DD7D13DB-6F81-4423-9EF9-D104E89C1E2E.jpeg

Hi Priya, 

I tried sending you a Private Message but encountered the same error multiple times though there was only your username stated there (as shown in screenshot attached.)

Everyone's Tags (1)
Grand Guru

@havre wrote:

I tried sending you a Private Message but encountered the same error multiple times though there was only your username stated there (as shown in screenshot attached). To expedite this, my prepaid number is. Will not leave my registered name here for privacy reasons. 

Hi Priya, 

Hi, you have to PM using the link in the post, not the one on the right panel.

Or on this link to; >> Send private message to Starhub CS  

Do note that currently, forum staff mailbox may be having some problem, so send to Starhub CS.

If possible do Edit your post and remove the prepaid number for security reason as this is open forum.

On your post to the right top click on the arrow next to the date/time and select Edit.

i am not starhub staff.

Valued Contributor

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for the help and advice. I had tried to private message using the link in the post but it didn’t work. But the PM went through after i removed Priya’s username and send to Starhub CS directly, so there is indeed a problem with the forum staff’s mailbox. 

I have also also edited my previous post and removed the prepaid number. 

Valued Contributor

Appreciate if Starhub CS can help to rectify the problem soonest possible as I have to travel tomorrow and I do not wish to credit more money inside the account wallet at the moment when the balance has been deducted for no good reason when the sim card was not even in use. 

Everyone's Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

Still have not gotten any reply or calls from Starhub since my PM. Can I at least get an idea how long it takes for Starhub to resolve this? Weeks? Or months?

Grand Guru

@havre wrote:

Still have not gotten any reply or calls from Starhub since my PM. Can I at least get an idea how long it takes for Starhub to resolve this? Weeks? Or months?

Suggest to Call 9850 0000 toll free via your prepaid phone.

Using the Prepaid SIM phone to Prepaid CSO is toll free and on 24/7 > Contact Us

Regards.

Valued Contributor

Have already called in previously and the CSO had promised over the call to call back in an hour’s time but didn’t. That was why I was prompted to post here in the first place. And do not think it’s toll-free as my balance dropped further after the call. It’s ridiculous. 

Grand Guru

It is toll free as i had called several times on several minutes before without any amount deducted.

Most likely the deduction was due to system error hence it happen to all your previous activities.

Else during that time your call will be dropped due to $0.02 is not even allow to make any call.

Not sure you still can call with $0.02 or not.

Alternately you can write to Starhub HQ CS Div. via email > customerservice@starhub.com

Do provide your subscriber details and your contact/email and subject matter.

The HQ CS staff may contact you directly on the subject matter.

Your decision.

Regards.