cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy Starhub prepaid happy roam for Malaysia

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Don't buy Starhub prepaid happy roam for Malaysia

@faryetnear Why dug up a more than 3 years post to comment?

"Starhub the best", "really no contract no hidden cost", "I love starhub prepaid", "starhub has done a great job", "No extra roaming charges for data", "With free data usage on 4 Sunday with 10gb capped", "Thank you starhub and also with starhub app you can easily track how much data you have use", "I love starhub prepaid especially now",  "Kudos to starhub you are the best."

Your comment sounds fake and it is more like advertisement for Starhub selling their prepaid card. How much did starhub paid for you to post those comment? Let me know I need a part time job too, I can do better than you.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @andylow 

I can't blame you for feeling this way. 

The community has been under my care since 2012 and we have very clear internal policies not to pull such sneaky stunts. I was made aware of this post earlier today and my first reaction was to (angrily) check internally to see if anyone was responsible for this. 

To the best of our knowledge, he/she isn't one of us. 

In our industry, compliments are so hard to come by that we end up doubting ourselves during times like these. The reality is, when services work as expected, no one really talks about it. As we work on resolving the negative feedback, please let us celebrate little victories like these as well! 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi @Howard Toh 

Glad to hear from you. You and your team have been doing a great job maintaining this community since 2012. This community has helped to offload the support from call centre to online platform. Like me setting up account online since 2013 is to get support to rectify my issues.

I agreed that compliments are hard to come by in this industry, I am also in this industry long enough to spot genuine compliments and fake ones. Before you celebrate your “little victories” too early just to highlight a few tell tale signs of fake one by others, internal staff or cyber trooper to boost up company image and how you can spot it. 

The account @faryetnear was created last Friday to give compliments on Starhub products, listing the features of the product and Apps. In this community how many people really just to create a new account to give compliments? Usually we are here to look for solutions to the issues we faced and give compliments to your staff who put in effort to solve it. @faryetnear was very prompt in replying to your staff however after I post my comment, he/she did not refute it even when he/she was online yesterday.

Beside asking your staff, since you have been maintaining this community you can retrieve the logs to trace the IP address of @faryetnear used to access/login and also check the account email address too - he/she could be near, not far away. Just a suggestion and anyway I am not interested in the outcome. 

I am no longer using prepaid and I am still a Starhub customer all these years. I am happy with Starhub DataTravel when I travel overseas. 

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @andylow 

Thank you for reply and I really appreciate your presence on the community through these years and of course your honest opinion on this. I'd rather you say it out than harbour that doubt in your mind. 

Truth be told, we have yet to establish his/her identity.

The first thing I did was indeed to check the email address and IP address - no luck there

We then approached our prepaid product and marketing team and I think we slightly offended them by asking if this was them 😅😅

I would be very disappointed if this turned out to be a fake account but at this point in time, I cannot risk potentially offending a genuinely happy customer.

We do have a superuser programme that we run to identify and recruit true fans / avid users of StarHub products and services. We engage them to provide feedback on products and services, test out ideas, try out unreleased app features and some of them even met our CEO on 12 December 2019 at our community year end party. However, we do not do unethical things like bashing competitors or putting up fake reviews. Actually, I was wondering if you'd like to be a part of it. We need people like you to give us honest feedback. Let me know please? 

Cheers,

Howard 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy