cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy Starhub prepaid happy roam for Malaysia

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Don't buy Starhub prepaid happy roam for Malaysia

I have been to Malaysia twice and I can never get 4G connection over Starhub Happy Roam. In Singapore I can get 4G connection however in Malaysia, the most I get is 3G+ and I have tested from their different Telcos, all pathetic 3G ... I have posted in this forum before, screenshot the phone screen and liaise with Starhub but no solutions. I have also tested using the local prepaid sim and Starhub Happy Roam. Only Malaysia prepaid sim able to acheive 4G.

Buy their local prepaid is better and cheaper. Eg. 3RM you can get 1GB, thats SGD1 to 1GB. 

Dont waste your time and Starhub time using their Happy Roam.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Don't buy Starhub prepaid happy roam for Malaysia

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 8.38.21 PM.png

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hello @andylow

Thanks for sharing your feedback,

We have sent you a PM regarding this, please refer to it for more information.

Thanks

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Starhub has replied to my PM:

>>

Hi, we wish to sharNetwork coverage in Happy Roam destinations is dependent on the coverage of our preferred partners' network. Please refer to the coverage details set out by our preferred partner's network from their website. - Jere_Lim

>>

If anyone can get a 4G signal in Malaysia using Starhub Happy Roam, please post here.

I have tested all different Telcos in Malaysia and I am unable to get 4G connection using Starhub Happy Roam prepaid card. If anyone going to Malaysia and wish to use 4G connection, dont waste your money on Happy Roam. Malaysia local prepaid sim card, you can get 4G connection and also much cheaper at RM3 for 1GB, furthermore FREE 8GB on weekend. 

I find it very deceiving. Starhub should announced on their portal that Malaysia only can get 3G connection

Grand Guru

Hi  @andylow

For Prepaid SIM, there is an option to have 4G.

In the Happy Prepaid app, there is this Value Added Services

4G Booster  will required you to  Activate.

Have you use this option.

-------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi Eric,

Already activated. As I mentioned before, in Singapore I can get 4G services but cannot get the 4G in Malaysia.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi  @andylow

I don't use prepaid as i notice in the app.

There is an expert in Starhub Prepaid user, as his advice is much better (then anyone else).

If you check using this user     @LeBo  on his posting.

You could see that he is much familiar with these prepaid issues.

He may response to your issue, as putting his name here.

Regards

Eric.

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Hi I know this was a very old post. I am a starhub prepaid user. Now I can say starhub the best you can buy data roaming as low as $3 per 1gb. And have many more option for data roaming. I frequently travel to Malaysia and my data has always been 4g+ on top of that you can use the data as same as if you are in Singapore. No extra roaming charges for data. I can say starhub has done a great job for me to stay connected even though I am in Malaysia. Thank you starhub and also with starhub app you can easily track how much data you have use. I love starhub prepaid especially now with 25 dollar you got 20 gb for a month. With free data usage on 4 Sunday with 10gb capped. Kudos to starhub you are the best. 

Highlighted
Community Relationship Manager

@faryetnear Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience on using Happy Roam. How long have you been using our prepaid service? -Jolene 

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

If I'm not wrong I started using starhub prepaid from year 2017. Really worth it. Now I am so happy with the new promo $25 dollar for 20gb +40gb for every Sunday each. Starhub the best especially using data in Malaysia same as using datA in Singapore. Very efficient with 4g speed in Malaysia. This really no contract no hidden cost you use what you pay unlike circles life with gimmick marketing. I love starhub prepaid.