GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable pay-per-use data when current data bundle have 0 MB or/and expired

Valued Commentator

Disable pay-per-use data when current data bundle have 0 MB or/and expired

I read the message (https://community.starhub.com/t5/Prepaid/Disable-pay-per-use-data/td-p/132034), which is dated Jul 2016 and was very disappointed with StarHub services.

With the new CEO - Peter Kaliaropoulos, on board, the services provided by Starhub is still epic failure!

The contributor, ask in the post mentioned above on how to disable pay-per-use data and the replies received is absolutely unacceptable!

Starhub seems disregard and shows no apathetic to her customers and would prefer that customer deplete their main wallet balance when their current data bundle become 0 MB or/and expired.

When a customer did not buy a data bundle and turn on his/her mobile data, he/she will be charged from the main wallet and there is no options in the Starhub value-added services to disable it! Thus, the customer end up $0 in his/her main wallet.

Starhub value-added services should include a option where customer can disable data (pay-per-use) unless he/she had buy a data bundle and not just simply tell the customer to use his/her phone options to set a limit to data usage, as it shows that Starhub, with the new CEO on board is unable to even resolve technical issue professionally!

I expect Starhub to improve her value-added services and to provide her customer "disable pay-per-use data" option by the end of 2018, otherwise, customers should consider switching to other telecom vendor who are able to resolve technical issue professionally.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Disable pay-per-use data when current data bundle have 0 MB or/and expired

Hi Harry, 

Thank you for your feedback. We'll share this with the team. 

In the meantime, do consider disabling your data usage via your mobile device when necessary. 

To prevent over-consumption, one method is to top up in advance and have ample data.

Of course, the alternative is to sign up for our postpaid plan which now comes with ample data. Do take a look at http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile.html.

Thank you, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

- Jackson
Valued Commentator

Hello Jackson,

I have a similar issue where my main balance depleted from $22 to $14 within a minute when I forgot to switch off my mobile plan and received the text message that it will be charged to roaming. 

Can you please share the amount of data per minute or Something? I was not using my phone and I really don't understand how the depletion within a minute could be $6 without accessing any browser. I quickly went to purchase a data plan once I had Wi-Fi to access the app. 

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done. There really should be an auto data disabler as what the previous user has shared. 

Community Manager

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Valued Commentator

Hi isdiy,

As usual, Starhub don't listen to customer feedback and I doubt that they will provide their customers with auto data disable feature as they disregard their customers and would prefer that customer deplete their main wallet balance when their current data bundle become 0 MB or/and expired. It will be wise to switch to other telecom vendor who are able to handle such technical issue professionally.

Community Manager

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!