GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working in Malaysia

New Commentator

Data not working in Malaysia

I bought happy prepaid last tuesday, when i reached JB, im not able to use the data, please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Data not working in Malaysia

Hi Sharolsqueeze, may I know what is the error your received?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I had the same issue in JB earlier today.

I entered JB at around 4pm and data worked fine until about 7pm. I could not access mobile data at all, although network shows My Celcom 4G. This is on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Tried rebooting phone, reconfiguring APN, on/off airplane mode several times and changing phones but the issue is not resolved. I had to wait until I reached back Singapore (at 9.30pm) until I got mobile data access on the StarHub network.

I remember encountering a similar issue on 18th November 2017 as well, around 12pm at JB CIQ, though this was somehow resolved by itself, so I thought it was a one-off incident back then.

I have used this prepaid SIM card in other countries like Korea and Thailand without any issues at all on the same phone, just that somehow there is an issue with Malaysia. Would appreciate if StarHub could look into this issue.

Alumni (Retired)

May I know if you are still facing this today?

Senior Contributor

I cannot test this as I am not in Malaysia today. Thus, it would be great if this issue is escalated to the technical support team who may be able to check if there were any issues yesterday and fix it accordingly.

Alumni (Retired)

There was an issue with our prepaid network, but it has since been resolved.