StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming not working in China

Senior Commentator

Data Roaming not working in China

Hi, my wife is using Starhub Prepaid and subscribed to Happy Roam Data Roaming Service, 4GB @ $25 in Singapore. However she is now in Tianjin China but not able to surf any network. Please assist and look forward your soonest reply. Thanks.

Handphone no: [Moderator Notes: removed to safeguard your privacy]

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Re: Data Roaming not working in China

Hi Aeras

I see she's roaming using China Mobile. Do PM us at > via Private Message < if she's still experiencing this issue.

I've also removed your Prepaid number as this is a public forum. 

- Amy
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy,

Yes, she is connecting to local china network @ China Mobile.

I called to Starhub technical service team yesterday but they helped to reset the network and requested my wife to restart the handphone to check whether it is working.

Unfortunately it is still not working now. She have subscribed Data Roaming Plan (4GB for $25) and top up another $10 to see if it is account balance issue.

Meanwhile, she has checked that the Access Point Name @ APN is shppd as well.

We need support from Starhub to resolve this issue as soon.

Thanks.

Community Manager

Please send us a PM > via Private Message < for us to attend to your query in private.

- Amy
Senior Commentator

What is the point of asking customers to write in your "Private Message" when there is no one accountable to look into this issue seriously. I called to Starhub customer hotline and got transferred to several "technical department" but seems like nothing much can be done on your side. Really disappointed with the unrealiable Starhub Data Roam as we rely on it to access to the internet when one is away from home and apparently we pay for nothing to Starhub.

Community Manager

Hi Aeras, please PM us the connection issue and mobile settings so that we may better assist. 

Please advise the user to turn off wifi, turn on data roaming, then connect to the roaming network in China, to see if issue persists.

If he/she is using a dual SIM handset, please only insert the StarHub prepaid SIM card into SIM slot 1 and leave slot 2 as blank. Meanwhile, I've refreshed the roaming service for the prepaid number.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Starhub, most of us do not have the luxury of time to go thru all this PM support to and fro over days... what if i was overseas and had no access to wifi? Starhub was supposed to let us dataroam but from all these, it's not reliable. I myself had trouble getting dataroam in the Philippines and was lucky there was free wifi available!

and if u ask me how i got dataroam to work in the end? I really had no clue except just reset, restart my phone. And yes, i did post here for help because I had wifi to fall back on!
If i encounter the same issue, i just repeat the same steps...not knowing if it will work! you guys dont make us confident!
Community Manager

Hi jamzy

I've replied to you on your other comment.

- Amy
Honored Contributor

why dont you reply to my comment for this?! they are not exactly related entirely!

Community Manager

I've replied to your other comment. Further queries regarding your personal usage will only be attended via PM.

- Amy