cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All outgoing calls barred

Highlighted
New Commentator

All outgoing calls barred

Hello, I have been using starhub for almost 4 years and recently back to Malaysia 1 year ago.

Recently I notice all my outgoing calls have been barred. I can still use roaming internet and receive call & sms but when try to call out it says something like 'disekat'.

Please help to deactivate call barring.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: All outgoing calls barred

Hi william1,

Can you provide me with the subscribers'details (Full name, NRIC/FIN, mobile number, email) via PM? - Han

Click here ---> PM Me Here

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

I am also having the same problem. I am unable to do outgoing roaming calls. but I have enabled roaming in the starhub app

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi VinujanPlease, please send your account details such as registered customer name, mobile number, Hub ID / email address via Private Message and we'll arrange for follow up.

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. The sim I am using is Happy Roam. My current destination is not a happy roam destination. So, I had to call via *116*.  Even though My carrier is Dialog here at Sri Lanka, I can't do a direct call but this listed the DIalog as carrier network https://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/value-added-services/roaming/prepaid-roaming/direct-dial-cov...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Please PM us the required details so that we may further assist.

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

I experienced the same problem in ALL countries other than Singapore e.g whenever the SIM is roaming. I tried everything including all of the StarHub suggestions for passwords to deactivate call barring and sending USSD codes etc. to no avail. I also had the SIM replaced and tried it in multiple handsets again to no avail.  On all occasions, I had only purchased a WOW Data Plan with no call bundles.  It turns out that I was still able to make outgoing calls by entering the prefix *116* number, followed by #, even with call barring active.  I don't know if call barring is deactivated if a call bundle is purchased but outgoing calls do appear to work using the *116* number #  method.  It is not clear from the StarHub website that this prefix is mandatory for making outgoing calls from prepaid SIMs when roaming.  The # following the number to be dialed is also essential.  Hope this helps?