GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All amount in credit disappeared in my Prepaid during travel and transit

Respected Commentator

All amount in credit disappeared in my Prepaid during travel and transit

I am travelling to NY via transit in Doha. Installed APN and turned on mobile roaming inSG as usual and everything was fine in SG. I have $38+ in my credit. Once touched down in Doha and switch on my phone, a SMS immediayely alerted me that i have less than $5 in balance. Once i logged into Doha airport WiFi to check, it has only $2.20. I had to switch off data mobile.

Once i touched down NY and turned on my phone, it indicated i have $0!

I have yo find way to top up the amount and hope it will be ok after. This is totally disaapointed and frustrated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: All amount in credit disappeared in my Prepaid during travel and transit

Hi yuenpf, we wish to share that Doha (Qatar) is not a Happy Roam supported destination, which you may refer to this link >>

Hence, roaming data usage is pay-per-use, which will lead to depletion of main wallet balance. Hope this clarifies. Thank you.

Respected Commentator

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the fast response.

For my case, I have $38+ In my main credit and another $5+ in my bonus credit before I left SG airport. During my transit in Doha yesterday, within a minute of two after I switched off the airplane mode, I received Starhub text that my balance is less than $5. I doubt even a standard roaming charge was incurred, it couldn’t use out ~$38 in mins in data. Can you help and check the data it has been used then as I have no mean to check and find any transparency of usage in my prepaid card.

The card number I am using is . Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

Hi yuenf, we have removed your mobile number from the post as this is publicly viewable.

We are here to help, please provide us with your Full name and prepaid number over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares).

Once we have received your query, we will assist you from there.

Thank you

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!