cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Network not working on prepaid simcard

New Commentator

4G Network not working on prepaid simcard

Hi,

Ive been using this prepaid simcard for more than a year with no issues. However, yesterday afternoon i could no longer connect to the LTE network. Ive tested this SIM card on another phone and still the same issue. I topped up the sim card twice, still to no avail. All i could connect to was the HSPA network.

This is my work phone so this is urgent. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Everyone's Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Alumni (Retired)

Re: 4G Network not working on prepaid simcard

Good day RidhwanAfandi

If restarting your handset or switching your SIM into another device does not resolve the issue, can you provide me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email address via Private Message so that I can assist you better? 

Valued Commentator

Hi,  

Im having the same problem.. 

My 4G didnt work.. Its been a few days.. I tried to change other phones my its still not work.. Try to switch it off and on.. Still the "H" is on display.. When i try to change to "Starhub 4G" on the carrier... It say "Can't register to this network".. Can you please help me. .

Alumni (Retired)

Hey AdlanAdnin, drop me your details (Full name, NRIC/FIN, mobile number, email) via PM and i'll assist you from there. Are you a prepaid or a postpaid customer? - Han

Valued Commentator

Hi,

Is my connection ok? Coz im still with this 3G thing.. If its still not
working.. I might be switching to new telco..
New Commentator

Hi 

I'm having the same problem and it started yesterday. I was just on the phone with your customer service for 45 mins and the issue isn't solve. I can only receive H and H+ instead of 4g. Please advice.

Community Manager

Hi leroybdc,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If restarting your device after reinserting the SIM card does not help, please direct your query over to Facebook messenger (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) for assistance as we have stopped processing account related queries on StarHub Community. 

- Jackson
Senior Commentator

Hi, i have the same problem having purchased data roaming in NZ, all I get is Edge /2G.

I cant get 3 or 4G.

I have checked the APN is set to shppd and network operator is Automatic , returning 2degrees/Starhub.

I have tried taling the sim out but no success.

Can someone from StubHub please fix.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Customer Service

Hi Icarter, when roaming, your mobile phone will search for the strongest signal in that area to be connected to. However, in cases that you are not automatically connected to the overseas network, you can do a manual selection of the overseas network on your mobile phone (see mobile phone user guide).

Please note that since you are overseas you'll be connected to a non-StarHub network (a local telco which is Spark NZ and Vodafone). -- Liza

Senior Commentator

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your reply.
I have tried manually switching to both Spark and Vodafone NZ but still only get H+, ie no 3G or 4G.

I am staying in Paiha New Zealand. Is coverage poor here, or something else wrong?

Regards
Ian