Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$32 Data travellers sim query

SOLVED
New Commentator

$32 Data travellers sim query

Hello Everyone,

Just bought a couple of $32 data sims (the travel sims) for roaming in Japan, but I suddenly had some worries after reading the faq file.

I have set the pickup date of the sims to be 29th of March but I want them to be activated/start only on/after the 10th of April. Will that be a problem? I've read in the faq that when I pickup from Changi Airport, I have to show my passport etc and register, which sounds like it automatically activates the sims.

Can someone confirm? If this is the case, I think I can delay the pickup until the actual flight day (email says I have 1 month to collect from date of collection), was just trying to save some time at the airport on the departure day.

Thanks in Advance!

Echizen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

Re: $32 Data travellers sim query

Hi Echizen

Please note that the card is activated upon collection.

You may wish to collect them on the day of your flight. Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

- Jackson
2 REPLIES
Grand Guru

Hi,

Are you sure you are getting the correct type of Prepaid $32 value for roaming usage.

This $32 data SIM is mobile broadband is valid for 15 days based on 2GB data per day limit.

Refer > Prepaid Internet SIM

Once after 15 days you have to Top Up from the list to continue using.

There is another type of Travel Prepaid SIM $32, refer > Happy Travel SIM cards

Although it is valid for 12 days and only 3GB roaming data is for 30 days.

There is no credit value in this Travel SIM and benefits stated are for 12 days.

Note that all Prepaid SIM will be activated upon purchase/register using NRIC for local or Passport for foreigner.

Not sure if they allow you to delay activate the Prepaid SIM or not.

If you are local then it may be better to go for > Happy Prepaid SIM

With the Prepaid $15 you can purchase > Data Plan according to your need prior leaving.

For example; After purchase $18 for 3GB data for 30 days, thus $15 + $18 = $33 total and you still have $15 value to use later, valid for 6 months.

i am not starhub staff.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

Hi Echizen

Please note that the card is activated upon collection.

You may wish to collect them on the day of your flight. Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

- Jackson